New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hunt area 3D in Pa. for deer, and I've seen small groups of guys get together to drive bears. If anyone else hunts that area and wants to get together to try to push out some Yogi's, sound off. Maybe we can get something going. Monroe Co., where I go is noted for some really big bears, and quite a few of them.

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can't hunt NJ bears. I'd love to but, I'm committed to my Deer Club in Chatsworth. I'm the treas./Sec.
Gotta be there to pay the bills.

imb21, I can go anytime, I'm retired ( and lovin' it ). I'll be in Swiftwater ( near Mt. Pocono ) Sun. thru Wed. of reg. rifle season with 4 other guys. But I could also go up there for the early bear season. I'd love to whack one of those BIG Pa. bears.
Maybe I'll see ya at the picnic

·
Registered
326 Posts
Nightstalker I hunted bears in 3D last year. I dont know what my schedule looks like this year for the actual bear season but I will be up that way for the Deer/Bear overlap week. I know from talking to my family who live up there that there are some big ones around so far this year. Just another thought is look in to the Bruce Lake area in Pike Co. Same zone. While deer hunting last year 3 guys I know saw 4 different bears in the first two days of the season. I went up there the third day and the weather was horriable. I thought a tree was gonna fall on me.

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep, that's Pa. State Land. Sneak in before daylight and when the sun rises, you find yourself sitting in a PUMPKIN PATCH [sad][sad]

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea, T Tail, I was lucky enough last year to fill both my Buck & Doe tag by 10am on tues. I got home before the bad weather hit.
It was nasty here, so I can just imagine how bad it was up in the Mts.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Y Tail Hunter,,,, Bruce Lake is by Promised Land State Park which is an excellant bear area, but first day of regular bear it's mobbed with hunter's, everwhere you go in the wood's you'll see a pumpkin.....
Yes, its right next to Promised Land. My grandparents have a place right up rt 390. Open day is nuts. But any day after that usally things out real nice. I have actually been there times on Tues. and been the only people in the woods.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Bruce Lake is the natural area inside Promised Land. I have a camp in northern monroe county (20 minutes from there), We have 7 guys confirmed to hunt the 3 day season. I hunt in bucks county for deer season.
I am putting a drive party together for the 3 day bear season now.

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Raptor, if that's an invite, I might be interested. I've been looking forward to driving Yogi's with someone.
I have a place I can stay at in the Mt. Pocono area.

·
Banned
8,011 Posts
Promised Land, is there a boyscout camp in there? & the bushkill runs through it right? If so I hunted there for bear there. I think it's near moscow, PA.

·
Registered
177 Posts
nightstalker,
I did invite a couple guys to hunt with us and you are welcome too. It is a first year bear camp and we all need to learn the area. I hope the group of guys stays together and we can build on what we learn from year to year. I tried to get into a drive party several times through the huntingpa website but guys don't seem to let new hunters into thier hunt partys (not that I'm a new hunter....only to bear drives).....I would like to stay with 10 or 12 and see how that works out. There is room for you at the camp.......just bring your sleeping bag and whatever you plan to eat. Contact me through the email directory if interested.

·
Premium Member
3,808 Posts
heres a pic from bear season 2001... Both taken the last day in clearfield county Pa... I killed the one on the left (400 lbs) and my cousin (pictured) killed the one on the right (167 lbs)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts