New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got back from Walmart looking for just the right panther martin. sure they have tons of them but i didn't see any of what i was looking for. i started to move them around and i found them hidden behind others. OutlawJT, you told me you were there and bought them all. i think not! i think you tried to hide them till you go back nxt week. well i bought all of the number 2's they had left.

Gotcha!!! they better resupply. ;)[cool]

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Them powerbait earth worms work really well. 2nd year using them and I will never hit the river with out them. Give them a try I think you will find the same.

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Well I must say you are using one of the best lures for trout. Have a good season and save some for me.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Woj - You found me out !!!!! [smirk]:p

I'm sure there'll be plenty more stocked by this coming weekend, as they have to be the hottest selling lure there to date.

As I told ya the other day, I bought a half dozen each of #1s and #2s !!!!! You can't beat Walmart's price as other Bait & Tackle shops are charging double for the same thing!!!

One thing a like about that lure, besides the fact that the fish totally annihalte them as soon as they hit the water, is that you can retrieve them so easily if hung up on a rock or branch (submerged or the occassional low hanger!!!). ;)

I'll give you a call Thursday night on my way out there. Looks like rain and high - fast water AGAIN this weekend!!![confused]

The fish are already wet and don't care about more water, so I was thinkin' to myself, I came into this world "wet" so why should I care, also. Gonna fish hard and heavy this weekend like a "postal worker" - "...Not rain, nor sleet, nor hail, nor snow shall stop me from delivering my "Panther Martin Package" wherever I go!!! LMAO:D (Yeah, I'm a poet and didn't even know it!!!):p

More tight lines and fish slammed lures to you!!![up]

JT

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
they are $2.39 each. i wonder if they will give me a box if i ask them? i do that with keith from hy-way sports shop. he orders me boxes when i ask him.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
They probably will - So, your gonna cut me totally out of Walmart's supply?!?!?!?!? [smirk]

Hmmmmmmmmm...So what now - R U gonna charge me $10.00/each and make me beg for them at streamside?!?!?!?! :D

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
After all this talk about them, I had to go buy one. Havent used it yet, but Ive had luck with the rooster tail (rainbow trout color) spinners too.

If they attack this panther martin like you guys say, I should be pulling them out two at a time.;)

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Matty - I believe that I will accomplish that feat any weekend now - two fish at one time!!!

When one of those little 4" Rainbows hits that Panther Martin, I'm gonna "live line him" until a MONSTER Rainbow swallows him up, Panther Martin and all!!!!:D

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
i just got back from Walmart looking for just the right panther martin. sure they have tons of them but i didn't see any of what i was looking for. i started to move them around and i found them hidden behind others. OutlawJT, you told me you were there and bought them all. i think not! i think you tried to hide them till you go back nxt week. well i bought all of the number 2's they had left. Gotcha!!! they better resupply.
Last Thursday I stopped at Walmart and I bought out ALL of the "Trout Magic(?)- Gold Darts w/Rubber Split Tail Mealworms" !!!! I made sure I got them ALL this time!!! :p

They have others, but the natural looking ones are the best...You'd better beat me there before Thurs. night/Friday mid-morning or you'll miss out on them !!!

The trout in those crystal clear streams up by you can't resist them, especially when I use them and add a little Berkley PowerBait juice on them!!!! [cool][up]

Pulled out some really nice sized Rainbows jigging them little buggers. All it takes is a little twitch, and the trout can't resist!!! Even been catching them as soon as it hit the water!!! :)[up]

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i don't have to worry about that stuff. the way it's going who knows when i'll get out fishing again. [mad]

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Last Thursday I stopped at Walmart and I bought out ALL of the "Trout Magic(?)- Gold Darts w/Rubber Split Tail Mealworms" !!!! I made sure I got
just save the martins for me...

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I'm gonna call you Saturday and tell you that "...my truck broke down somewhere near Swartswood Lake (I'll actually be 10 - 15 mins. from your house !!!!), and I don't know anyone else in the area who is available to pick me up, along with all of my expensive fly rods and fishing tackle, so you'll HAVE to stop whatever you're doing and come 'get me' to give me a ride back to my hunting club until my truck can be fixed..."!!!! ;)

Your wife, being the understanding and carrying woman that you married will "buy" this excuse, RIGHT?!?!??!?!??![confused]:D

Just make sure that your fishing tackle is in your truck!!!!! [smirk];):D[up]

Got your back, buddy!!! [up][up][up]

Oh yeah, WHAT MARTINS?!?!?!?!?!?!?[confused]:p;):D

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
no fishing for me this weekend. we have plans for both saturday and sunday. sunday is another open house for us, but we have plans to go to a party while it's going on.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts