New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Outdoor Channel to Air Bear Documentary- (05/05)
National
Join our e-mail alert list

The nation’s leading outdoor television network will share the story of the dangers posed by New Jersey’s burgeoning black bear population in May. The decision comes after New Jersey public television pulled the program from its schedule in the face of anti-hunters’ protests.

The Outdoor Channel will air “Bears: Too Close for Comfort” on May 21 at 10:00 p.m. (Eastern Time). The balanced, 30-minute documentary shows the conflicts between bears and New Jersey residents in 2003. These conflicts led the state to institute a black bear hunt. Biologists agree that hunting is the only viable method currently available to control bear populations.

“The U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance reported in the March Sentry newsletter that the New Jersey Network (NJN) had refused to air the program,” said Rick Story, U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance Senior Vice President. “Now, nearly 24 million cable and satellite customers will have the opportunity to view the show thanks to the Outdoor Channel.”

The Alliance worked with the Outdoor Channel and Tom Phillips, the award winning producer of the documentary, to help develop an on air promo for the program. The documentary will also be introduced by Story.

“This film discusses conflicts between New Jersey residents and the state’s black bear population and how hunting can be used to manage the problems,” said Story. “We want sportsmen nationwide to watch this program and remember that America’s hunting heritage is beneficial to both wildlife and humans. We further want people to know that when the time comes to fight for our outdoor heritage, the U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance has the ability to build coalitions to protect your right to hunt, fish, and trap.”

The Outdoor Channel, a long-time partner of the USSA, is also working each day to defend your outdoor heritage through its quality, traditional outdoor programming.

“The general public needs to see this eye opening documentary,” said Story. “That’s why, at the close of this Outdoor Channel program, the U.S. Sportsmen's Alliance calls on the nation’s sportsmen to contact their local PBS affiliates and urge them to run this show.”

To find out where the Outdoor Channel is available in your area, contact your local cable or satellite provider. Cable viewers in the New York City and surrounding area can now get The Outdoor Channel on the Cablevision systems.

Ant
http://www.anthonypmaurosr.com

For more information about the Outdoor Channel, call them at (800) 770-5750 or visit www.outdoorchannel.com.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I originally thought this was on OLN (the Outdoor Life Network) which I get. The outdoor channel I don't get... I need to call direct TV asap so I get it before 5/21... plus another outdoor channel is never a bad thing.:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts