New Jersey Hunters banner

Our First T&E The Air-Rest

3K views 26 replies 11 participants last post by  SWAMP HUNTER 
#1 ·
Our First Test and Evaluation will be of the New Touchless arrow rest. AIR-Rest. Stu from DoubleTake Archery LLC was kind enough to be sending me one to test and evaluate. I will start testing as soon as the rest arrives. Thanks Stu![up]

http://www.air-rest.com/home.htm

#2 ·
When you get it, I want to have a look at it, if you dont mind. :)

I hope you have a different bow to put it on though. I sure as heck wouldnt want to be slapping a new rest on my hunting bow in the middle of the season. NO WAY![cool]

I'll have to send you a list of items I want to field test..

Heres a few off the top of my head;

A quad
A truck
A few bows
;):D

On a serious note; Good job Hkdon, glad to see you already got the ball rolling on this field testing thing.[up]

#6 ·
Okay all. Now I know that we all like to Joke and I for one like to make a couple as well. But in this category I am going to have to get a little serious because of the fact that all the Manufactures that will be supplying products to be tested will have our Website and they will be checking the T&E section of the website.

Sorry guys but we can goof off in the other sections of the website. If we want this to work we have to be careful in this category. Thanks!

#7 ·
Sorry hkd...I couldn't resist the cheap shot Woj's question set up...:D Maybe you should start this thread again with the no fooling around rule in full effect on it. I'm sure Woj is going to want to sling some mud my way when he reads this in the morning...LOL! I'll stay clear of the new thread!

#8 ·
hkdonfishn,

I would also like to get a try with the rest. We could put it on my Hoyt Accutec, and also try it on my Oneida. The bowtech is off limits until after hunting season. Maybe we could all get together some place and bring as many different types of bows and really give this thing a good testing.

-dan

#10 ·
I am in warren county. Sorry don't shoot Al and more, and I don't have any 2514s around. I thought with their special tip you did not need a special insert?

-dan

#15 ·
The rest is on the way. The guy from Liberty I, the maker of the worlds smallest Bow is going to work with me next year cause he is way to busy right now and has to many orders. I also have a couple others that are looking into it.

#17 ·
Matty, The guy who makes the rest asked if I could get some cuts from different size arrows so he can make inserts for the different sizes. If you cut arrows lable the size and save them for me I will get them one morning that we go out hunting together. Thanks[up]

#18 ·
The guy from Liberty I, the maker of the worlds smallest Bow is going to work with me next year
I'm looking into buying one of those bows for next year.

#19 ·
I'd like to see a NJH photo essay of the test, or a video link.

Compare accuracy vs common rest and demonstrate simulated hunting pros and cons.

#20 ·
HKD, you have to ask Nick about arrow shaft pieces. I dont make the arrows down there. And the only ones I have here have been cut twice, and they're still too short!:D

Dan is an awesome shot, so we should definitely have him in on the accuracy portion. He kicked my butt at that 3D shoot. (he pays me to keep repeating that);)

pla930, a video is a great idea!

#23 ·
Do to time restraints with work the Testing of the Air rest has been delayed. I am going to try and get with Matty this weekend and setup the rest. I have been in touch with the Manufacture and he is going to walk through the steps in setting it up over the phone with us so we can get a correct setup so the testing goes correctly. Sorry for the delay. Results will be posted shortly.[up]

#25 ·
Just wanted to let everyone know that testing of this rest was delayed because of my time constraints. (work & hunting) The rest is now undergoing testing on a Reflex Xtreme, to be followed by a Hoyt Xtec. I may try to include some field testing (hunting) with it as well.

Look for a field report in the upcoming weeks!

[up]

#26 ·
I just watched the video,I don't like how you have to move the arrow back and forth to set it. That is what's happening right?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.