New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife, 3 boys, and I had a great time at Pequest. It was a beautiful sunny day! I learned that when we go next year, we have to go for the whole day. By the time we got there today, waited in line for the little guy's fishing pool, and fished, the day was almost done, but that's ok. Got to meet ms22, the guy formerly known as timbuck2, and a couple others that I forget their screen names.Sorry guys! I was disappointed that I missed Sam by a hair. A very nice hair. couldn't resist saying that...

Anyway, here are a couple of pics of my 3 guys fishing. Between the 3, they landed 7 or so trout. My 2 year old started crying when I told him we couldn't take the trout home and eat them. That's my boy!

Here's my 5 and 2 year olds...

My 6 year old...

And one of the fish they caught...

All in all, a great day.

Thank you to everyone who volunteered!!

·
Premium Member
8,616 Posts
Sounds like a great Day, Jeff[up]

Got to meet ms22, the guy formerly known as timbuck2
My condolences. Did you get out of there with your rectum intact? [hihi]

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
cool day! glad you enjoyed it with your kids! [up]

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Glad to see your little guys had a good time. Its really important to get the little ones involved.
cool day! glad you enjoyed it with your kids!
Being there with the boys was definitely the high point!

I took them fishing a couple times last year with a couple of "kiddie" rods ($5 specials). The rods were so bad that we had a hard time landing some of the bigger sunnies we caught. I'm gonna have to get some better rods this year. Any suggestions? I'm figuring I won't need to spend more that $25 or so for a decent set up for the boys.

The down side is that, after today, they don't want to catch sunnies anymore. They want trout. d'oh! that's ok! More Daddy time!

·
Premium Member
8,616 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
nothing bad. just talking about some of the guys who are in the 870 "hunt club".

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Our day at Pequest... Ran into El Jefe and Wife, Sam3 and MS22.
Great day to be out!

Long Day See You Guys Later....

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There were a couple of monsters lurking at the bottom of that fishing pool. They weren't even interested in the little piece of worm on our hooks.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Very cool. Kids look like they had a great time. I take alot of Suday drives past there with my wife but they cut back the budget and weren't open for visitors on weekends. Glad to see them open. BTW, love checking out those trident submarines in the moat outside the visitors center.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts