New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,463 Posts
I'm really surprised that there's over 600 permits left for OTC sales in zone 1 ...

·
Registered
875 Posts
I've always wanted to get a black bear here in NJ but being from central jersey and not having any land up north to hunt how are my chances with public land or trying to find some other land to get on? They opened up bear season by my hunting camp in NY this year which was my first attempt at bear but no luck this year

·
Registered
7,763 Posts
I've always wanted to get a black bear here in NJ but being from central jersey and not having any land up north to hunt how are my chances with public land or trying to find some other land to get on? They opened up bear season by my hunting camp in NY this year which was my first attempt at bear but no luck this year
Your chances are some what as good as anyone's. I took two southern New Jersey hunters out and showed them a secluded area last Sunday for bears, they liked the area and are excited for the hunt

·
Registered
942 Posts
Looks like we need a separate bear season to keep hunters interested in harvesting a bear. Zone 1 leftovers typically sell out in a day or 2.

·
Registered
875 Posts
If anyone is interested in showing me some ropes of bear hunting I would be more than willing to offer up a weekend in the ADKs at my camp or just be highly appreciative

·
Registered
7,763 Posts
If anyone is interested in showing me some ropes of bear hunting I would be more than willing to offer up a weekend in the ADKs at my camp or just be highly appreciative
if hunting public land, get in deep away from others near some thick stuff, some public land you can place bait, but federal lands you can not bait, basically your waiting for one to come to you weather on their own, and/or pushed towards you

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Man I'm pumped. Gone out a few times and had no luck. Bringing two new hunters with me so we are gonna get something

1 - 12 of 12 Posts