1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
11,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Organizer hoping to hook more teens
Tuesday, October 18, 2005
BY FRED J. AUN
For the Star-Ledger
Three months ago, Frank Breakell was at the end of his rope. He'd done his best at trying to establish a National Teen Anglers chapter in Cape May County, but he was pulling the plug.

"I got absolutely zero interest from the kids in this area," said Breakell in July. The Millville Alternative High School teacher posted fliers, had articles published and secured the endorsement of school administrators. His enthusiasm was not rewarded by similar excitement among South Jersey youth.

http://www.nj.com/sports/ledger/index.ssf?/base/sports-0/1129612629151980.xml&coll=1

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Man hunting and fishing really are dying sports in jersey. We should take a que from this guy and start something like this here at NJH.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Maybe if anyone has land available we can have our own youth day. I know I would be willing to help. We may be able to find sponsors. Maybe talk to clubs. Make it available to beginers, maybe not just youth. No pressure for the beginers. Sorry just shooting from the hip.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I don't know how much time I have but if people want to help expand our sport I will try to organize an event like this. I could use all the help I can get. I think it could be a good program and maybe we can get some of the help from hunter education instructors also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts