New Jersey Hunters banner

21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
this is my smoker setup. I put it in a garden tool shed mounted to a dolly. I leave it in my garage and just roll it out when smoking. you can see the after market temp controller that I use from auber instruments made just for the Bradley. it holds temps to +/- 1 degree which is real important when making sausages. I do all my venison sausages, snack sticks and bacon in here as well as pork shoulders for pulled pork. I never had to replace anything in 6 years but I don't use it every day
Yellow Vette?

·
Premium Member
10,068 Posts
I have a Bradley as well. I added a circulation fan, 900 watt element, Auber PID controller and I use pellets for smoke. Not the Bradley pucks.
So basically, it's an insulated box at this point with "Bradley" written on it.

I use my electric smoker for fish, cheese, bacon and sausages. The smoker never goes over 175 degrees. I prefer my charcoal smokers for briskets, pulled pork, leg of lamb, etc.

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
it's gonna feed 14 of us and I got a 16 pound turkey for back up,,, but really that's a great smoker /grill and it also make a hell of a pizza

·
Registered
441 Posts
Looks like a 1986 or a 1987
it's an 86 but I sold it a couple years ago. it was a total garage queen, I rarely drove it.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Need recipe....
www.curleyssausagekitchen.com The only thing I added to the recipe was 1 teaspoon of brown sugar per pound of meat which seemed to balance out the saltiness a little bit better than the plain recipe but it is still not sweet. Also, I add 2 lbs of pork trimmings to 5 lbs of venison.

·
Premium Member
3,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
My buddy has the 25th anniversary edition. The black and gray...it's complete mint.all decaled up. Beautiful car

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
I had a yellow '78, then I had kids...
I hear ya. In order to keep mine, I have to do the laundry, make dinner, clean the gutters and house and cut the grass for the rest of my married life.

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Is the Texas Grill BBQ electric? You can grill burgers too?
its electric that's what turns the auger that feeds the wood pellets to the fire pot...best hamburger I have ever had everything taste better cooked using hardwoods ...I have some whiteing I just got going in a brine I will be cold smoking tomorrow

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
You will never be able to get the same taste from an electric smoker as you will a charcoal or wood smoker

·
Registered
885 Posts
I have WSM and a built a few UDSs. I was considering a Lang for some time but they ain't cheap. Electric smokers have their place as do propane. With electric you get a drier smoke so it's more consistent plus you get pretty much frustration free temp control. But you can tell my personal preference from what I own or plan to.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
You will never be able to get the same taste from an electric smoker as you will a charcoal or wood smoker
Disagree. Most electric smokers have a box that you place woodchips or chunks in, they smolder and produce smoke. If anything, they help control the amount of smoke better than burning wood or charcoal does.

21 - 40 of 62 Posts