New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently shoot with a Fuse whisker busquit but have been considering going to a drop away rest.

Is it worth it?

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
love my whisker biscuit will never change!

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
I have a trophy taker drop away rest and it doesnt damage the fletchings like the whisker biscuit does. My arrow stays on the cupped arrow rest and never drops off while having it hung on a hanger. Go to a GOOD drop away and you will never go with anything else.

·
Registered
5,107 Posts
Wisker is the best hunting rest there is,but drop away is way more percise. hunter wisker for years,no problems.You can shoot your bow laying down,arrow not going no were.I shoot a drop away and groups tighten at long range,but are we shooting deer at long range? no...so why change...[up]

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Never shot the biscuit style rests. Made the transition from a two prong shoot-through to a trophy ridge drop away quite a few years ago and I love it.

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
I have never been a big fan of the wisker biscut but I know many who are. I like, and have used what I think is the best drop away out there, the RIPCORD.
Just as with your bow selection, you need to use what you feel most comfortable with. Best of luck!:D

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Never shot whisker biscuit, but very happy with my QAD dropaway. I like the fact that nothing (whiskers or fletching) wears out, so there should be no change in performance over time.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Just switched from a whisker biscuit to a vital gear drop away. The whisker biscuit is not bad i wouldnt switch back ever. The vital gear holds the arrow just as good with zero fletching contact. My groups tightened up and my fletchings dont come off anymore

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
i am lookin into both of this right now as well..i have a prong rest with slick tubes and i hate it..the arrow is always falling off [wallmad]

·
Registered
24 Posts
I shoot the QAD Drop Away and love it. Just as good as the Ripcord but at a cheaper price. I shot the whisker biscuit and didnt like that the arrows fish tailed out of it like it was grabbing the vanes as the arrow was coming out.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
I have a trophy taker drop away rest and it doesnt damage the fletchings like the whisker biscuit does. My arrow stays on the cupped arrow rest and never drops off while having it hung on a hanger. Go to a GOOD drop away and you will never go with anything else.
Same for me. As you said, get a good drop away.

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
never had one prob with the biscuit, my bow is deadly accurate as it should be and i never have to worry aobut any arrow issue once in the rest its there till you shoot or remove it, tried many diff rests like the WB by farrrrrr the best

·
Registered
12,261 Posts
WB is ok as a hunting rest.for drop aways I've used NAP,trophy ridge,trophy taker,QAD,Ripcord,and Limb Driver.
I like QAD and Ripcord best.I have one bow set up w/ the QAD and the other set up w/ the Ripcord.[up]

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
I love the whisker biscuit. Works great with Blazers, havent had any fetching issues at all. Big plus not having to worry about arrow dropping especially if I want to rest the bow across the support bar of my climber.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts