New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have either of these broadheads? g5 montec or hell razors.
i was wondering how true they fly. any info givin would be great. i would like to put a couple in the quiver this year.

·
Registered
313 Posts
i used to use the montecs but didnt like them. they were ok, switched to the muzzy's and love them. never tried the hell razors though.

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
I shot montecs last year. They flew great out of 3 of my bows and hit right with my field points but they suck when it comes to blood trails. I had extremely poor to nonexistant blood trails. They are not real sharp to begin with and I could not get them as sharp as I'd like on a diamond stone. I wound up loosing a deer (no blood trail in thick cover) and switched to other heads. I've heard several others complain about poor blood trails. I don't know if its the angle of the blades or the sharpness but they didn't leave blood trails for me. They did kill fast despite poor/no blood as I watched a couople of the deer I shot with them go down in sight, there just wasn't any blood on the ground.

·
Registered
7,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i keep thinking about the thunderheads also.i used to use them and never had a problem with them. i use rage heads now but would like to keep a few that rent mechanicls in the quiver. maybe i will just stick with the thunderheads. there cheap enough also.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Montecs-
They flew great out of 3 of my bows and hit right with my field points but they suck when it comes to blood trails. I had extremely poor to nonexistant blood trails
Agreed...Very bad blood trails..I stopped using them.
Switched to the G5 Striker..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts