New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took out my son this morning in Ringwood, along with a friends father who is retired. What a great morning, no wind, (at least at sunrise), got into some birds after about an hour of looking. Anyway, used my box call to locate and got a response from a few birds, but they would not move. We tried for about 30 minutes to call them to our location, but finally I used my box call along with a mouth call, at the same time. Guess the gobblers thought there were two hens calling, but whatever, they came in. My son (16yo) was able to put the smack down on a 15.5lb w/4in beard. Funny thing was from my location I only saw one bird, then the shot, watched a bird roll, then a tom fly in the air above us. I told my son to shoot again, not realizing that he already smoked one, which was out of my view. We tried for a while after killing his tom, but then the wind picked up and we left. Tomorrow is another day. Today was great. I have more fun calling in birds for my son and friends then I do shooting .them myself. Oh well, I'm sure most Dad's feel that way. Here are some pics, I will post some video soon

·
Registered
357 Posts
[lol][lol][lol]That was a road kill. I seen that TOM on Ringwood ave just past Haskell paving, this mourning around 5 am.

·
Registered
7,285 Posts
Great job[up]

·
Registered
4,236 Posts
[up][up][smoke]

1 - 20 of 39 Posts