New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's going out for birds and where? Berkshire Valley for me , 25th year in a row.

Reactions: NutleySigns

·
Registered
962 Posts
Afternoon hunt....... will leave the opening morning for whoever wants to freeze their a$$ off or get it shot at. No bird is worth that! Just my opinion.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Let's see how year number two of the "pheasant allocation formula" is working. I think up north we are going to still have the same number of hunters, but fewer birds and more deadly encounters with other over excited/unsafe hunters. Opening day and Saturdays on state land is when I am glad to see the game warden. I only wish there were more of them.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Agreed , absolutely one of the longest days for the boys in green. I have watched it degenerate from a tradition to a tragedy... without the CO's it would be a nightmare.

·
Registered
824 Posts
The 3 Boykins and I are ready to go out to Assunpink , its always crowded but the dogs love this shit and so do I ....we had a great day with the youth hunt the dogs and kids where all spot on !

·
Registered
295 Posts
I've got a new addition this year a 75 pound Borador. A buddy lost his home so I took in a 2 year old started dog. He treks everything from wounded deers to birds. I'm excited for tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,947 Posts
I stopped pheasant hunting 4 years ago. Too many assholes
I stopped pheasant hunting on state land 15 years ago. Way too many assholes. Amazing how people lower themselves to get a bird. Actually ran into an asshole at Powerbourne too once.

·
Registered
6,947 Posts
Originally Posted by JimmyScags I’ll be heading to Flatbrook in the afternoon. First time hunting public land with my own dog so I’m a little nervous.
You should be nervous hunting Flatbrook even if you didn't take your dog with you.

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
All for birds from a box

1 - 20 of 26 Posts