New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats everyone that is lucky enough to harvest a deer do you plan on butchering yourself or bringing it right to a butcher with a freezer. How many hours do you think the meat will last before spoiling trying to plan everything out. Seeing if I will be able to get the deer back from my hunting spot in time. If your bringing it to a butcher with a freezer if youd be so kind to list the name and address thanks just want to hear what you plan on doing?[up]

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
its supposed to be in the 70's on saturday so you have to move pretty fast.. if im succesfull sat morning i am planning on heading home quartering and freezing right away and then finish butchering at a later date..

·
Registered
10,660 Posts
cut it up at home, that way you can grill up some backstraps for the USC vs. Ohio State game [up]

·
Registered
14,076 Posts
Better off cape it out and get in the fridge then bring the hide & cape and other sordid leftovers for checkin. Especially if you shoot one early, don't stare at it for two hours waiting for the check station to open. Good luck[up]

·
Registered
8,527 Posts
I brng my huge igloo cooler and several 2 liter bottles filled with water and frozen. After I shoot a deer I gut it fill it with the bottles and load it into the cooler for the ride home. When I get home I skin and quarter it and back int the cooler as I work on it piece by piece.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
I'm a butcher myself. I'll skin and quarter it right away and get it into a cooler. Then butcher it a day or two later.

·
Registered
17,891 Posts
I butcher my own. I'll also have some ice at the ready, then 1/4 it up, and into the freezer. I plan on going right back out to a different spot in the afternoon.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.