New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to get a afternoon hunt in today at a new spot. Walked in and saw some good signs of a bedding area and feed spot so I found a happy middle ground,make shifted a ground blind and took some time to listen to my surrounding. 5 o'clock rolls around and in comes 3 does,while I had a chance I ranged them with the landmarks I had ranged earlier. The one doe got a whiff of something stomped and wheezed a little and then poof the other two ran off but the one stopped and hung around. After a bit I guess she got comfortable and proceeded to walk diagonal away from me til she was quartering away but the shot was about 48-49 yards away and I'm only confident with shots 35 and under right now so I passed on her and waited til she was out of the area before I backed out.coming out to my car I got the surprise of about 15-18 young turkeys around and ON my car.lol unfortunately I didn't get my phone out fast enough to take a pic but I had to share.

·
Registered
6,173 Posts
then poof they ran off
Everything runs off on you when they get close,your stories are fantastic,and your oh well?I get a kick out a! I semi pro'd golf seen many a tree fall prey to a disgruntled 9 iron.Gun guy's disgruntled the bow guys are killin all the bucks ,gun guy goes bow guy,swing an a miss another poor tree lol Apparently you have A nice location,with plenty of game,ever consider a role reversal your wife hunt an you knit/crochet?

Reactions: archunter

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
I don't know how long you have been walking out at that hour but you have def been short changing yourself. Right when you leave is the absolute best time when the magic happens. Wait till the last minute. Good luck. You will probably triple your action over the next few hunts by hanging in there.

Reactions: archunter

·
Registered
49 Posts
Most of the deer that I have seen, including the one that I shot last year, were after sunset but before the end of shooting light.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Most of the deer that I have seen, including the one that I shot last year, were after sunset but before the end of shooting light.

im definitely getting that impression but just to cover my bases im off tomorrow so i am grabbing my climber and going to pull a all day sit if i have to.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Everything runs off on you when they get close,your stories are fantastic,and your oh well?I get a kick out a! I semi pro'd golf seen many a tree fall prey to a disgruntled 9 iron.Gun guy's disgruntled the bow guys are killin all the bucks ,gun guy goes bow guy,swing an a miss another poor tree lol Apparently you have A nice location,with plenty of game,ever consider a role reversal your wife hunt an you knit/crochet?
actually this was a by chance pickup of a property. its behind a farm and only got permission because his youngest is friends with my youngest and is in same class at school together.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts