New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
It is legit. But you have to pay for it. Still gotta go to field course, take the test n shoot. You can pass on the field walk and don't need your workbook filled if you have certificate. I don't think it's much advantage

·
Banned
722 Posts
Here's the advantage, when there's 200+ people that have to take the field test walk thru and you're holding the $25 certificate that gets you into the front of the line, worth every penny! My opinion... Good course too!!

·
Registered
726 Posts
I did it it speeds the process up

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I took my hunter safety course in ny a long time ago I don't remember having to shoot. Maybe Ny doesn't require that.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
It may slightly speed things up. Slightly . Juveniles are still recommended to do the walk, oftentimes it's recommended to still just do the walk. As an adult you don't have to but you're saving not a ton of time

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know a few people who have there license for years but lost there hunter safety card but with out that card you cant get a county permit . one case was they called dec and there was no record of it , so I think this is a easy way to get a replacement card.

·
Registered
6,173 Posts
I know a few people who have there license for years but lost there hunter safety card but with out that card you cant get a county permit . one case was they called dec and there was no record of it , so I think this is a easy way to get a replacement card.
...........http://www.newjerseyhunter.com/forums/73-general-comments-information/173241-hunter-safety-card.html...........http://www.newjerseyhunter.com/forums/73-general-comments-information/173901-got-my-permit.html

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Funny how things change. Used to be three days for bow license , 3 for shotgun, 1 for muzzleloader n now it's a 1/2 day for em all n still too much time for some. Least trapping is still a couple days. I think that time spent was good and well worth it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts