New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
when i saw the southern deer biologist, he said they were pricing the phone in system, and the online system.
wait and see what is the cheapest, im sure.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
It will certainly help with sunday kills as fewer stations are open
They may need to add some gas stations to the list. In zone 8 Peaquest, you got RDJ's and up by me in Sussex You got 2 bars that check them in.[up]

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Oh yea I forgot. The phone / online would be much better for a lot of people, but it doesn't effect me as much as others.

·
Registered
12,825 Posts
he said they were pricing the phone in system, and the online system.
i thought they were in the red with no money[eyeroll]

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Is this a possible reality for this hunting season? That would be awesome. It sucks during early season when you shoot one at last light and have to track it knowing you'll never make it to a check station in time.

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
I would personally allow a one season increase of $10.00 per permit to fund a phone in system! I hate having to go to the check in station-especially on 6 day opener waiting with 500 other guys[down]

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I'll tell you right now that "one season increase" would never go away. I can't recall the state ever raising cost temporarily. Once it's there...it's there to stay. Until they raise it again[hihi]

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
I'd love to see phone in or online checking but I think it's a little too late for them to get it set up for this year. The digest should be about ready to go to print, and installing and setting up the system would probably take months.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Phone in would be best IMO because everyone has a phone with them afield and that's when the actual check-in should take place...not a few hours afterwards when you get home and are done butchering, etc. But, having both would be great, too.

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
Does anyone else think that this isn't a good idea? I just have this feeling that there are going to be a lot of non-checked deer being taken.
Actually, it has been found in other states that when you make it easier you will get MORE deer checked in and a more accurate count.

·
Premium Member
14,409 Posts
i thought they were in the red with no money
They won't be with 30k new hunters buying licenses
Wait when the topic of $$ comes in there WILL BE 30K more hunters in bowseason but when the topic of additional bucks being killed comes up there won't be do I have that right?

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
As far as this maybe not being a good idea and an increase of un-checked deer, yes. I have checked a few deer in after hours by calling the F&G hotline and then a day later taking the hide/head to a check station. I know for a fact there are many "hunters" who don't bother checking in their deer and this honor system using phone-ins and on-line check-ins will increase the number of deer not checked in. The state will apply a factor to the check-ins they receive to come up with the actual number of deer harvested.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.