New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just spoke to the pres ( Al petersen) He said Long Long has 16 people in the am & 4 in the PM. If anyones interested i'll give you Al's phone #. I didn't ask about the other olde barn properties.

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
There are actually 6 people signed up for the PM in LV.
Problem this year is the birds got cut way back due to lack of members, deer and bird.
The dues barely covered the leases on the properties.

Most likely the last year for LV.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you a member? I'm caretaker there. I'm one of them but rarely hunt birds any more.

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
I'm a member of LV and Alpha.
I do a lot of the stocking in the PM at LV.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Al said the alpha has pretty good fields. I may have to go there this year. Are the Hands brothers still members?
Your right about this being the last year from what Jack told me before he died. But who knows maybe Fran will rent it a few more years. Have you talked to Amy at the horse farm yet? She lives in the 1st house on the driveway
Do you go to the dinner a few weeks ago/

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
Yes to the dinner. No to talking to Amy. Craig Hands is still a member and stocks in the PM.
I can almost assure you that LV is not going to be next year. There are a couple of guys taking over the club for Al and most feel the lease has gotten out of hand.

The Alpha property is great. I was there today with a guy checking on the birds as well as the fields and plots. They are in great shape. We need a few more members out there too as it is a split stocking, AM and PM like the other clubs.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He told me that to about Jim & the others. I have to talk to Fran first to see what she wants to do. Maybe I'll take the place if Al's letting it go.
I couldn't make the dinner. How long have you been in the club?

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
Been in 4 or 5 years now. I got into Bedminster last year and then we lost the prop this year. Although, Alpha is set up very nice. The farmer planted rows of milo for us. It should be there all year for cover and should hold birds quite well.

It's just that it's an hour and ten minutes from my house. But hey, nice property to hunt and a fair number of birds. Life is good.;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts