New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
father looking to sell these guns..not sure what they are worth.
The flintlock is Stoeger Arms made in Belgium

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
That flinter is most likely a smooth bore trade gun. Stoger imported them from Belgium in the 40's. Does it have a big bore diameter? Some of them were 4 ga so the bore is around 0.94 inches.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sorry for the delay..i now have the guns with me in freehold if anyone is interested.
Flintlock is Stoeger arms made in Belgium and the SXS is a Jannsen and Sons also made in Belgium. These are old guns..some rust,,not sure what they are worth. My father had them passed down from his father and he told me they probably haven't been shot in over 70 years. I don;t even know how much to ask for him..make offer please.
Here are more pics of the SXS.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
what your dad has there are to nice wall hangers ..there value is what ever someone will pay to hang them on the wall .. I would think 100.00-200.00 each

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Smitty that's what I was thinking but with my luck someone would bring them to Antique Roadshow and they would be worth $100K LOL

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
ive seen a few sell before the sxs will clean up nice ive seen them sell from 50.00 to 250.00 ..the one you have is somewheres in the middle.. clean them up an put them on auction thats what id do never know you may get lucky and get 4 or 5 hundred for the pair

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
sure you can but fist you have to check the barrel for pitting,cracks,or bulgeing...if it all checks out it be ok with lite loads[up]

·
Registered
12,710 Posts
Copy and pasted from Gunbroker.com.

As you already know, it is a Belgian made scattergun. Most of them are worth between $100 - $200 (and yours is no exception to that).

There is very little collector interest in any of those old Belgian made clunkers, and as a result, there is precious little that has ever been written about them. There were several million of them imported to the U.S. between 1890 - 1913, and they sold for $6 to $9 new.

None of them are safe to shoot with modern ammo, and many of them are only mariginally safe with the original blackpowder shells for which they were designed. If the gun locks up tight, and the bores are in excellent condition, they can be shot with 2-1/2-inch or 2-5/8-inch blackpowder (or equivalent) shells. You can not use current standard length shells in them regardless of the type load. I would highly recommend having the gun inspected first (bore scope it as a minimum).

I think it would look great over a fireplace hung on the mantle.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks for that useless piece of information Stevo J/K [rofl]..so when will you be picking up these wall hangers?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts