New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Indian Archery long bow that I got as a gift when i was 5. I am now 13 and am trying to get cedar arrows for it. It is 62 inches and 45lbs. I dont no if it is truly that because my draw length is 22 in with a compound.If anyone can help me plz dont be bashful even if your not sure. any ifo will help me because im clueless...I thought my head was going to explode trying to read different things about arrows that i was looking at.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
You mean something like these?

You could still use 40-45 spine shafts and load the front with a heavy tip or 30-35 shafts with 125 tips should do fine with your short draw length.

·
Banned
2,514 Posts
nice... very cool old school stuff there[up] ina few years Id like to start gettin into the old school stuff again, thats what my old man started ne out with, recurve and his old cedar arrows and old brear broadheads the kind where u can just replace the small center blade. u old timers know the blades in talkin about...they were green

·
Registered
8,527 Posts
Id go with the 30/35 range with the 125g tip.

or

Get a heavier spine like the 40/45 leave em 2 inches long go with the 160g tip then down the road as your draw increases you can just switch to a lighter tip.

Depends how fast you plan on growing or how fast you plan on breaking arrows.

Id personally go with the 30/35 w/ 125g tip, some 15/35 goldtip's, or at that range a easton 1716 should work.

Those are a few options buddy.

·
Registered
8,527 Posts
old brear broadheads the kind where u can just replace the small center blade. u old timers know the blades in talkin about...they were green
Someone gave me some originals from like 30 years ago he had em laying in a shoe box...i should see what type of edge I can get on em and throw em on my last few cedars.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.