New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well it took me long enough. [hihi]

Hit up a lake with my 2 good friends and my boss was there haha. I threw my baby wake (the $45 lure). Immediately got slammed and pulled in a 2lber. Couple minutes later my bait gets sucked in and I set the hook, got a 2.5lber. getting bigger ever cast!

Missed a solid fish, it went totally airborne, looked like a 3-4lber.

Across the lake My friend pulled in a 3.5lber and lost a 3 also on a baby wake.

I threw to a point, brought the baby wake parallel to the shoreline about 5 feet off and started reeling it slow, letting the tail clack.

clack clack clack clack SLURRRRRRPPPPPPPPPPPP:D

Set the hook, the fish rolled over and jumped, BIG FISH. My drag was tight, my rod is extremely STIFF and the thing was bent over. I couldnt even budge the fish at first. Got her closer, a few small jumps and I bailed her on the bank. Got my friend to snap a pic and tossed her back in.

After that I missed a monster explosion on the baby wake and that was all she sang....3 fish, 2 misses all on a 6.5" bait. Not going to complain!

We guesstimated the fish was 5-6lbs....she was beautiful.

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
thats a big boy...awesome catch man!

lucky that hog didnt break it off...you would be swimmin after your $45 lure [hihi]

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
20lb mono son
[up];) good deal haha thats what i got on my one baitcaster...then i got fluorocarbon on the rest (18lb, 12lb, 6lb)

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Some of the Striper plugs are every bit of 45 bucks or more. Hand carved wooden plugs.

Nice Bass, Keep up the good work. Throw what ever works at them[up][up]

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.