New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
5,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,

Since no one else has stepped up, I'll manage this for this season. There is no money needed to participate. I will donate a $10 Cabela's gift card to each member of the winning team. Rules are the same as last year and are posted below. The cut off for posting your desire to participate is 11:59pm on Thursday September 10th. I will draw teams and I'll post them up Friday September 11th. Mods, please make this post a sticky. Thank you!

Please read the rules and know them before hunting and know what is required to make your score valid....

***IMPORTANT CONTEST RULES AND INFORMATION***

Changes in entry requirements due to the new call-in system:

- a photo showing the filled out Deer Harvest Report Card (DHRC) WITH confirmation number is mandatory!!

Rules as follows:

This is a "deer" contest not a "big buck" contest... Everyone gets credit for shooting their deer, doe or buck, big or small, which-ever legal way they choose (bow, shotgun, muzzleloader, even crossbows... motor vehicles and road kills are not allowed.)
Everyone will be regulated by the game limits and laws for New Jersey. Issues of QDM, P&Y or B&C scoring, deer densities, weight of deer, etc. do not apply. All deer must be harvested in New Jersey to be eligible for the contest.

Point breakdown:
5 points for a deer - Buck or Doe.
1 point for every point on a rack of 1 inch or more added to the 5 points.

Participant score will consist of 1 deer. If you shoot more than 1 deer you may upgrade your score by submitting the new deer, this will cancel out your previous deer.

Ex. shoot a doe, get 5 pts, upgrade to an 8pt buck, you now have 13pts.

To submit an entry, a participant MUST include the following details in the "Contest Entry Thread" post:

- Your Team Name or Number
- Your Screen Name
- Deer Harvested - Buck or Doe
- the number of tines that are longer than 1 inch (main beam counts), if applicable.
- a photo of himself/herself with the deer. Please take a photo with "class". Stick in the tongue, wipe off the blood, take it out of the pickup.
- Be proud of your harvest and show it with a good "quality" photo..
- photo(s) with all scorable tines visable. All tines must be 1 inch to be counted. I will ask for photo verification! If it's under, don't count it.
- a photo showing the legal NJ possession tag. (Farmer depredation permit not allowed)

If the above criteria is not met, no points will be awarded!!

So, to be clear: If you do not show a picture of you and the deer, no points. If you don't show your face, no points.

If you forget a DHRC pic, no points.

**Any entry without the required information, photos, or photos that do not meet all entry requirements, will not be accepted, PERIOD! I will not chase you down to add info. If you do not have the right info you will not receive the points.**

Contest ends 1 week after the late deer season ends statewide. All entries must be received & posted by this time.

In case of a tie, the highest total number of antler points will decide the winner. If this does not resolve the tie, total number of bucks taken will be next. If this still does not decide, the winning team will be drawn from a hat..(Big Buck award to be voted on by.....me....)

Good luck to all, shoot straight, be safe and have fun.....

·
Registered
5,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Duckmastor2
Wilmington DE.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
06roadking Ewing n.j. Age 52

Reactions: Duckmastor2

·