New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
na, if you happen to stumble onto a big tank in the middle of the woods, its just a water purifier. dont ask dont tell

·
Registered
8,512 Posts
I doubt it but you never know I guess. I have never come across any.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
I doubt it because it's barely worth the effort to hide it. Meth labs and pot grows are out there, no doubt.

·
Registered
8,512 Posts
30+ years of hunting the pine barrens. I have never seen any moonshiners, pot growers or meth labs. I have seen nudists though. [rofl]. Seriously.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Have hunted up there for fifty and haven't seen any of that, only horses without riders and one clown with a blanket laid out with a plastic doll, playboy, penthouse mags. Need I give ore info???lol

·
Registered
12,710 Posts
No Moonshiners in the Pines. Covers no good. The feds will spot you right off. Central NJ is perfect. We even have Locust for the fires so no need for propane. Lots of cover and smoke is not really an issue.

How many gallons can I put you down for? [hihi]

·
Registered
10,374 Posts
There are more moonshine stills in nj that you could possibly imagine. Many of them are for personally consumption but believe me when I say distilling is alive and well.

what you see on moonshiners is a crude operation. Today stills can be and are all electric controlled by PID controllers, virtually automated. Set it n forget it.

i would venture to say there are many ~20 gallon size systems out there. I doubt there are many submarine tank setups as the demand isn't really there.

Its true... Country boys can survive

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
i have run into a couple in the last few years, one in central nj right on a creek but it didnt look like it was used within a year or so and the other in north nj. the north one was being used, had at least 150 yds of black water pipe running to a spring, couple barrels of "ingredents", a big cooking barrel, thumper copper tubling, everything all set up. we were surveying for green acres and got lost in the mountain and stumbled on it. we got the heck out of dodge pretty quick as we felt we were being watched but to be honest i would of loved to watch the person do a cook of "water". i have a lot of respect for people that "cook water" they could sit at home doing nothing but no they go out and found a way to make a living and the best part is obama doest get a cut of the income to waist on bringing more illegals into this country.

·
Registered
10,374 Posts
i almost got access to a property in cokesbury... lady that owned it was a nudist and lesbian. She bailed out on me after she realized I would be hiding around in the trees in full camo while she was cruising around the woods nude with her girlfriends [rofl]

1 - 20 of 35 Posts