New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it September yet? What do you do to stay in practice in the off season. Shooting in a league is a good idea, but there are none close by yet. Im bound and determined (no, really this time) to hunt with a recurve again. I think Ill start out with 10 arrows a day at 10 yards, and increase the distance and count every other week.

·
Registered
14,787 Posts
I shoot year round. I try to shoot at least 20 arrows four times a week outside. If the weather is bad I have a target set up at 10 yards in the basement and shoot there to keep my form and release on point. I also try to attend various 3D shoots, which in my opinion is a great training tool to prepare for the season. I just love to shoot[up][up][up]

Shoot Straight!

·
Registered
727 Posts
I shoot year round. I try to shoot at least 20 arrows four times a week outside. If the weather is bad I have a target set up at 10 yards in the basement
I try to shoot a few times a week outdoors and my bow is always in the basement where I have a block target. Been shooting on and off the last month and a half since the season ended.

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
i shoot my bow 3 times a week and have been for the past month...ill continue doing so until september

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.