New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I for one like rainy weather ...good for sneaking around ...I know many people though who will go right back to bed if one drop falls from the sky ...I have been checking out posts here for awhile ...I'm guessing most of you will be out there no matter what

Now windy weather is different ...I fricken hate wind ...bear,turkey,dear hunting gets all screwed up w/ wind

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
It depends. If it's raining with little or no wind I'll go. If it's windy also, I might/might not. It depends on how I feel.

David

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
younger days i didn't care. downpours, windy i'ld go and sit all day. now, wind i'll hunt in but i won't hunt the hard rain. light rain yes i will. it just sux in the hard rain plus as bloodtrails, it washes away the bloodtrails.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I'll be out there tommorrow

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
My opinion is that the deer don't move much in heavy precipitation and they tend to stay in heavy cover. Some times during gun season I will load up with buckshot and hunt heavy cover in the rain. This is the only time I will use buckshot.

B

·
0 Posts
I would rather stay in during the rain, but love to be out just after the rains

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Very light rain I will bowhunt in. Anything more than that is irresponsible because it washes the bloodtrails away.
Exactly....sure you may find a perfectly hit deer in a downpour, but just imagine if something went wrong, and the shot was a little off. No way in heck are you gonna be able to wait on a bad hit, and you will have to push the deer to follow the bloodtrail before it disappears.
Light drizzle[up] Steady rain[down]

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Very light rain I will bowhunt in. Anything more than that is irresponsible because it washes the bloodtrails away.
I conquer

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I'll hunt in rain, snow, pretty more anything as long as it isn't heavy. I may not hunt in fog though. Don't think it is safe.
I hunted birds at a preserve once and the wind was about 30+ mph. The birds would hover when they flew up. They would also be blown, left and right. That was odd.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts