New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone ever take a deer with something odd about it. i shot one and he had a 2"piece of PVC pipe on his foot between the dew claws and hoof. that same year a buddy of mine took a deer with a broadhead stuck at the base of its skull. i tell ya these deer are real tough!:)

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
With all the construction going on in NJ I'm surprised we don't see more deer with debris attached to them.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Two years ago my cousin shot a buck with a bad eye. He was doing a European Mount of it and when he got done he found a 3 blade broadhead with about 1/2 inch aluminum arrow shaft attached to it in the eye socket. Must have been there a couple of years.

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
My aunt karen shot a buck one year that was bald. I am serious... it had no hair on top his head.

Anyway... when the PA game warden saw it hanging at the butcher... he took it and issued her another buck tag (you only get one in PA!)

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it had no hair on top his head

must have had a doe as bad as my wife!:D

·
Banned
5,494 Posts
a 3 blade broadhead with about 1/2 inch aluminum arrow shaft attached to it in the eye socket
Thats just not right[down] I guess he wouldn't turn broadside for him so the hunter tried to shoot him in the head.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
my brother once shot a buck with an ENORMOUS front foot. it looked like it was once caught in a leg hold trap because there was a crease going accross the front and rear of the foot.

that foot was pretty swollen. we never saw tracks from that deer but i'd imagine that they would have made a trophy hunter drool.

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bump

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
The 6 pointer I shot this year during fall bow had a bum back foot... probably due to the wooded rocky terrain of the Rockaway River WMA... still... thats nothing compared to my aunt's bald buck!

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
might want to watch what is said, no telling who is watching us.

-dan

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
could have been a compulsive behavior, rubbing trees?

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Drag, comment not pointed at the bald buck, but more about the deer with BHs stuck in their skulls. We do not need to provide more fuel for Stuie and the like.

-dan

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
even more the reason to make them sign up to access the site,

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
I once saw a guy in the woods in a racoon costume trying to swoon a female **** with a can of sardines and roofies..I think his name was Mike..:D

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
DiverDan, anything posted on here Stuie and his minions can turn around against hunting. Maybe everyone should use spell check, so Stuie and crew cannot point out that hunters are illiterate!
I am not afraid of Stuie, or his terrorist brethern, I will post what I like until the administrators remove it, or scold me.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
i took an 8 pionter 3 years ago at the deleware water gap. his lower jaw was about 4 inches shorter than his snout.. pretty weird..

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
I don't know if you'd consider this odd, but on opening day of the fall bow season, I saw 3 deer go play in the nearby stream. It was pretty cool.

David

·
Registered
10,211 Posts
I once saw a doe go out on a road to the double yellow line sniff it and jump do 180 in the air and run back to the roadside. she did this three times and never crossed the street!!:D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts