New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Out Z3 rain is almost over.... As I was leaving my house this afternoon at 3 30 across the street in the woods was a very big 6 right up a does butt....he followed her every move!!!! Hope to see some of that by my stand within the next hour or so!!!

·
Registered
431 Posts
....same result sitting in my office at work...can't wait till Friday and the weekend!

Anthony:)

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
One small y buck came in grunting and made 3 circles through heavy thick stuff before moving on. Always nice to hear them grunting before you see or hear them walking

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Was out in zone 14 sitting in a natural ground blind until the rain got to be to much. I didn't see any deer but I did find a fresh scrape and a few small bushes torn up. I also smelled deer bedded somewhere up wind and close but couldn't see them. I think I'm gonna put a tree stand up there as it's hard to see more than 15-20 yards on the ground even though this blind sits up about 6 feet on an earthen berm between a few big oaks.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I would have loved that! I still havent heard one grunt while in my stand. Then again I havent seen a buck in my stand in z12 yet. :/
when you actually hear one grunt you will understand when I said grunt every 10 to 15 min isn't overdoing it . when they are grunting in the rut they run around doing it non stop

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.