New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
President Obama pledged Thursday that the U.S. would become a better partner in curbing the flow of arms that have aggravated a bloody drug war in Mexico, but acknowledged that political realities make it tough for him to ban some of the most potent weapons in the arsenals of drug cartels.

Emerging from a meeting with Mexican President Felipe Calderon, Obama said he favored a ban on assault weapons but would not push to reimpose a U.S. prohibition that lapsed in 2004.

"None of us is under any illusion that reinstating that ban would be easy," Obama said

But despite Obama's high approval ratings and solid Democratic majorities in the House and Senate, his comments indicated that the political clout of gun rights advocates, including many Republicans as well as conservative Democrats, made it doubtful he could resurrect an assault gun ban.

Congress enacted such a ban in 1994, but it expired after 10 years. In 2004, when Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) proposed an extension, it was voted down, 90 to 8.

·
Registered
352 Posts
They aren't going to ban guns. That's the third rail of US politics right after social security.

They are going to go after "common sense" registration and ammunition bans and restrictions.

Registration _ALWAYS_ leads to confiscation. Every single time in history one follows the other. Including in NY, DC and California in the past 30 years.

They will then come up with various other "common sense" rules that will make the FID process in NJ seem really easy. They'll redefine down the reasons why you can't have a gun until it's a defacto ban, not an actual ban. They're trying this with veterans already. Any post combat issues...no guns for you, forever.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Keep in mind that the only time Obama is lying is when his lips are moving.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
hes not going to ban guns he is simply going to tax the crap out of everything related to shooting aND hunting just like they did with things like tobacco liquor. for example the box of shells your buying may only cost 5 dollors but the tax is 15

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
I love it when people say this.

If you look at his voting history, and the people he has put into office, he sure as hell has something to do with the ban that is coming.

Palosi for one is looking for the ban, Hillary is looking for the ban as well as many others in office.

They know the people do not want the ban and those in office do not want the actual truth to come out about Mexico, borders, and self defense in this country.

ONE WAY OR ANOTHER OBAMA WILL FIND A WAY TO DISARM THE PUBLIC!!

All I can say is keep writing, although I am afraid of ending up on a list or the government labeling me, I will keep writing and using my voice.

They eventually will try and make people move if you want to own guns. They wll try and label us and make us uproot and leave the ones we love. They will try and make us move into states or parts of states that "are better suited for fire arms". Our freedoms are being demised every day by the misleading stats, reports, and the ignorance of towns posting discharge laws, and anti hunting laws.

I just saw a town in PA where it is illegal to own a bow and arrow. ILLEGAL TO OWN, figure that one out.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Here's something I copied from one of the sites I moderate that relates to this topic.

You can read the rest of the thread here:
http://www.transasianaxis.com/vb/showthread.php?t=6039
----------
Obama revealed to Mexico during his pandering Latin tour that he would disarm the U.S.

While in Mexico and in his speech to the Organization of American States group yesterday he told everyone he would sign the OAS Firearms Convention.

While some are saying it won't mean anything to the U.S. citizens because it's just a way to stop the export of weapons from the U.S. to Mexico, Central and South America.

That's not exactly what the mission statement of the OAS says:

Quote:
The organization has recognized that “peace is not merely the absence of war but also includes interde-pendence and cooperation in promoting economic and social development. Moreover, disarmament, arms control and limitation, human rights, the streng-thening of democratic institutions, environmental protection, and improvement of the quality of life for all are indispensable elements for the establishment of democratic, peaceful, and more secure societies.”

It looks like the Administration is working on every possible front to disarm Americans, even to avoid a heated debate over the 2nd Amendment with citizens.

He is looking to use the UN, OSA or any foreign law to change our rights here in America.

Barry is going to sign the OSA

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
This was his stance in 09 which is when the thread was posted. One month after his reelection look where he stands. He's a lying pos like the rest of em

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
What concerns me is what will happen if there is no significant gun control legislation comes out of Washington because if that happens the State of NJ will be persuaded to institute more of their own gun control legislation. Christie is not our friend here and if the state legislature passes new restrctions Christie will sign that bill to get a couple of appointments to the state Supreme Court

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.