New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to do some rifle next year in either or both. Don't want to drive more than 2-3 hours from Sussex County NJ. Anyone have any openings for next year? I would prefer spot n stalk over stand hunting. Not really into drinking myself into a stupor for a few days. Looking to do some real hunting with a small group of guys over 4-5 days. I don't know anything about these type of clubs, what am I looking to spend? Thanks for the help in advance.

·
Registered
275 Posts
check out Sunrise farm rod an gun club...they have lots of good deer hunting land in NE PA an NY,,,,get a few guys to gether an start your own deer camp,,,lodging in the area ,,Hills twin spruce lodge in stalker PA,,its a deer camp like atmosphere,,Good luck

·
Registered
996 Posts
Me and the crew go to potter co pa, its a 5 51/2 hr dr. but there is so much state land. We been there for 5 yrs now, shot 4 decent bucks, and rarely see another hunter.
Now if stay a little closer, north pike co, north of scrston towsrds ny border, I beleive deer herd is better, but more hunters.

·
Registered
25 Posts
My camp is about 2hrs from you. Great cmp 2800 acres. Only about 12 to 15 hunters. 350 yr. Plenty of room to stalk. Everybody got a buck last yr. Pm if your interested.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Ducatwhir hunt up the street frOm my parents house in Delaware state forest the more guys the merrier. We have a bunch of beds we have a few drinks but don't get stupid. Your welcome to join if you want. Plus bear opens half way through deer week.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Ducati

Good luck. I have been looking for the same type of club since I lost my place to hunt 2 years ago. If you find a place and feel like sharing I'd love it. I'm a 50 year old married father who's hunted for over 30 years and feels like you.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Sab, im in the same boat. However, I do have a friends camp in potter co, but its a 51/2 hr drive. I would love to find something closer to nj. Say the 2/3 hr ride

·
Registered
784 Posts
Alot of guys from my town hunt sunrise in NYS. they take some nice deer off of that property. They also have a road that runs up a very nice stretch of the beaverkill

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hell I drove for 6 plus hours this year. I'm looking for more of a deer camp or lodge type thing rather than going by myself. Although I'd like to shoot a monster the camp experience is worth more to me. It's just how I feel

·
Registered
117 Posts
PMNC-PM me your info when you get a chance, I used to be in Sunrise, but I dropped out when I had my second kid. I was up that way for Thanksgiving and had to call one of the members up there who has a Taxidermy shop to get the name of a local butcher. I'll call him and paid your info on directly. Ducati-let me know if you're interested as well. I've hunted up there for a lot of years, Sullivan County in NY and Wayne County in PA.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts