New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent the weekend at my friends cabin hunting deer in Davenport, NY.

We had our best year. 3 Bucks, nothing huge but all good meat deer. I shot a 4 pt (almost 5), and the other guys shot a 4pt and a 3 pt. All the deer weighed 110 lbs.

It was a great weekend, perfect weather.

I shot this deer at 100yrds after he came in chasing 2 does. I dropped him on the spot, entrence hole was low and behind the shoulder but I blew his heart in two. He's got another point behind that spike on the left side.

Mike's Buck

Here's the camp photo. The 1 deer got butchered so thats the antlers he's holding up.
We had one other guy come up late. He missed a big 10pt out of the stand I was in monday morning at 40yrds.

·
Registered
14,076 Posts
Congrats Al[up] My buds & I always remember the deer returning to NYC when we headed back to school in New England on the sunday after thanksgiving. Every other car on the tappan zee was carrying. Congrats on a fine weekend[up]

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was kinda funny, I gave the meat from my deer to one of the local guys. But when we were on our way home there was one of those deer check stations where they stop every car to check for illeagal deer.

Anyway, we had a truck load of 4 or 5 balled x-mas trees. So we pulled up and the lady trooper looked in and said " Are you guys hiding any deer in those christmas tree's?" We said nope and she sent us on our way. It was funny

·
Registered
14,787 Posts
Looks like a great time and sharing camp like that is priceless[up][up][up] Congrats on all the bucks[up][up][up]

SS!

·
Registered
14,787 Posts
By the way what weapon were you shooting?

SS!

·
Registered
9,748 Posts
[up]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts