New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The National Wild Turkey Federation has dropped the high caliber slick quality magazine for women
called WOMEN IN THE OUTDOORS.

Its being merged with 3 other magazines.

Now the USA Hunting Women will no longer have her own Magazine.

Ladies, please call the NWTF and complain !!!

Tel 1 800-THE-NWTF

Then after you do that write them at WWW.NWTF.ORG

And tell them you a female hunter and you are disappointed in their decision and subsequently will have to question your support of the NWTF in the future.

An while you have them on the phone ask why they got rid of Rob Keck, the NWTF Founder & CEO of 30 years.

BTW, startiing the Women In The Outdoors Magazine was Rob Kecks idea.

Ladies, stand up for all the other ladies that hunt in America and let your voice be heard.

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JR, I know that he has been gone for awhile, but the WOMEN IN THE OUTDOORS MAGAZINE was his idea, and it was the only real magazine geared towards the women hunter and now that the female hunter is the fastest moving segment in the outdoor industry (ie money and profit), I think that they are making a huge mistake in their decision to drop the magazine and merge it with others. And although we don't have a substantial amount of ladies who post on this site, I know for a fact of many "lurkers" who simply read, but they do come on here nonetheless. And although our numbers may not reflect adequately the number of female hunters nation-wide, the numbers are continueing to increase by leaps and bounds.

·
Registered
12,825 Posts
uuuuuuum if the magazine isnt selling and they arent making any $$$$$ and its costing more to produce the mag than profits or breakin even they should can it

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
I'm glad to see the number of women involved in outdoor activities has been on the rise but they still make up a small percentage of the market. Putting out a magazine targeted toward a small audience is not profitable and most likely results in a financial loss. With the economy what it is I do not fault them 1 bit.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I'm on your side as far as women getting involved and I surely welcome you all! AS some mentioned, cost and lack of profit could be some of the problem?? But the whole NWTF is and has been going under ALL new leaderships some welcomed and MANY not! We shall see what becomes of it? This will be our first year in ten that our local chapter dosen't hold a superfund banquet for lack of intrest. A real shame since we have raisedwell into $100,000.00 for this states wild turkeys and other worthy causes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, all.

Just thought I'd pop in and lay down my 10 cents...

Please know I’m a big fan of Women in the Outdoors, as many of you are. But believe me, as the editor of Women In The Outdoors magazine for 10 years and now the new editor of the new Turkey Country magazine, women and the WITO program will not be forgotten in the new book. In fact, the ENTIRE NWTF membership will be represented throughout.

The Women in the Outdoors part of the Outreach/Education section (which is 16 packed pages of content devoted specifically to women) will include some of the favorite regular columns: Hen Tracks, The Outdoor Woman, Campfire Confessions, Outdoor Notebook, Cook Nook, Family Ties and Backyard Habitat. Plus, you’ll have two features that will cover a variety of outdoor activities, not just hunting. And you’ll get it six times a year, not just four.

But women aren’t just relegated to this section. Look for inspirational women and their adventures throughout the entire book. In turn, it’ll give everyone the opportunity to see how women play a vital role in the outdoors, and what y’all do to bring others into the NWTF flock. Heck, perhaps even offer to the fellas some insight into how women approach/enjoy the outdoors.

It’s going to be far from generic. It’s more like a cross-section of the entire Federation, treating all of our efforts as exciting opportunities.

I ask you give it a try, take a look at it and then let me know what you think. (And read my Ed. Notes in the upcoming summer issue of Women In The Outdoors magazine to get the full skinny on the WITO side.)

I need the support of "my WITO gals" as I transition into this new opportunity. I hope you'll stick around.

Karen Lee

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
i support women in the outdoors. But i do own my own business and do not know one person who is not being effected by this economy so if the reasons for the cuts is due to profit margins and poors sales, it is unfortunate but very neccessary, good luck though!

·
Registered
12,825 Posts
Hi, all.

Just thought I'd pop in and lay down my 10 cents...

Please know I’m a big fan of Women in the Outdoors, as many of you are. But believe me, as the editor of Women In The Outdoors magazine for 10 years and now the new editor of the new Turkey Country magazine, women and the WITO program will not be forgotten in the new book. In fact, the ENTIRE NWTF membership will be represented throughout.

The Women in the Outdoors part of the Outreach/Education section (which is 16 packed pages of content devoted specifically to women) will include some of the favorite regular columns: Hen Tracks, The Outdoor Woman, Campfire Confessions, Outdoor Notebook, Cook Nook, Family Ties and Backyard Habitat. Plus, you’ll have two features that will cover a variety of outdoor activities, not just hunting. And you’ll get it six times a year, not just four.

But women aren’t just relegated to this section. Look for inspirational women and their adventures throughout the entire book. In turn, it’ll give everyone the opportunity to see how women play a vital role in the outdoors, and what y’all do to bring others into the NWTF flock. Heck, perhaps even offer to the fellas some insight into how women approach/enjoy the outdoors.

It’s going to be far from generic. It’s more like a cross-section of the entire Federation, treating all of our efforts as exciting opportunities.

I ask you give it a try, take a look at it and then let me know what you think. (And read my Ed. Notes in the upcoming summer issue of Women In The Outdoors magazine to get the full skinny on the WITO side.)

I need the support of "my WITO gals" as I transition into this new opportunity. I hope you'll stick around.

Karen Lee

thanks karen keep up the good work[up]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.