New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now what do we do this November? Do we sell out and vote for Christie, then not complain when he becomes Corzine-lite or do we look for a 3rd party candidate, knowing he has no chance of winning?

What has Christie done (I don't trust his talk, only his past actions) to prove to us that he is not a RINO? He pulled himself slightly to the right to beat Lonegan, but that was a McCain tactic last year, too, and now McCain is back to his liberal legislating now that the election is over.

Christie wants to "enforce our current gun laws." How does that make him any different than Corzine in terms of 2nd Amendment rights? Either one is probably not going to have any opportunity to sign in any more restrictive laws, anyway, since there's not much further to go in this state as far as restrictions are concerned.

I'm torn on what to do and would like to hear what some of you have in mind. Obviously I would never vote directly FOR Corzine, but I'm trying to figure out whether a vote for Christie is synonymous with a Corzine vote, anyway.

My biggest fear is getting another Christine Todd and losing all statewide offices for another 12 years if Christie proves to be worthless.

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
if Christie proves to be worthless
He will.

Hopefully there will be some type of conservative third party candidate. Christie will lose to Corswine anyway so why not vote for a real conservative. Perhaps a good showing for a real conservative will influence the republican voters to nominate more conservative candidates.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Perhaps a good showing for a real conservative will influence the republican voters to nominate more conservative candidates.
[up] Good point. I hadn't thought about it that way, either.

·
Premium Member
14,409 Posts
Not me I plan on nailing one foot to the floor and running in circles till some body nails down the other one.[ko]

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
I think Christie will beat Corslime and will do as well as he can with the state run by DemoRats.

If he's anything he's at least against dishonest/crooked politicians.

I will give him the chance to prove further that he wants to clean up Govt. and cut costs.

He's got my vote. [up]

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
I think Christie will beat Corslime and will do as well as he can with the state run by DemoRats.

If he's anything he's at least against dishonest/crooked politicians.

I will give him the chance to prove further that he wants to clean up Govt. and cut costs.

He's got my vote.
I agree,everybody needs to do their own research on Christie. All I keep hearing on here is what Lonegan lied and led people to believe. Lonegan spent more time bashing Christie than challenging Corzines inadequacies. Don't be lazy,if you want to know about Christie do your homework,to sit back and listen to what Lonegan twisted and lied about thinking it was gospel is ignorant. If he told you to jump off a bridge,would you?

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
If Lonnegan or Merkt run on a third party or indpendent ticket I will vote for them. They probably won't win, but a strong showing for such a candidatcy will show the NJ Republican leadership that they need to nominate more conservative candidates.

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
If Lonnegan or Merkt run on a third party or indpendent ticket I will vote for them. They probably won't win, but a strong showing for such a candidatcy will show the NJ Republican leadership that they need to nominate more conservative candidates.

And THAT will put Corzine back in office.[down]

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
Quote:

And THAT will put Corzine back in office.
That was my incorrect position in the presidential election with regard to Ron Paul.( see my posts on Duckmaster's threads) Just like Mc Cain, Christie will lose in November anyway. Republicans have to learn that fighting liberalism with liberalism does not win elections.

I believe the mere nomination of Christie has already put Corswine back in office.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Since the slate is set for Gov. What if Lonnegan was the pick for Lt. Gov???
That would do enough to convince me to vote for Christie.

In the meantime, though, here's a radical idea for which I know you guys will slam me. If Corzine gets reelected, we get a damn good shot in 4 years to actually put up someone conservative like Lonegan (hoping that the rest of the GOP will realize the moderate thing doesn't work) and get him elected since Corzine will have screwed us up even further. If Christie gets in and doesn't fix anything, we will have Christine Todd Whitman all over again and not see another GOP elected statewide for another dozen years.

So, is it worth 4 more years of hell to potentially gain 4, 8, or 12 years of conservative power or is it worth 4 years of moderate-hell to then gain 12 more years of liberal power afterwards?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.