New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
going through google maps, when you zoom in on map view you can see what looks like property lines. Well today looking over things and I notice a man made shape that straddles the line and looks to be a good 18 feet over onto my side of the line........ hmmm, wonder what to do in this situation as I am land manager for an owned property. Might let land owner know, or township?

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
didn't think they would be 100% accurate, but 20 feet off? heck the next property has the guys pool showing half on our side.........

·
Registered
52 Posts
20' is nothing i seen them hundreds of feet off. all they do is take tax map that are half ass drawn and rubber sheet them over a aerial. everyone tries to use them for more then they were meant for.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Check your property deed. If you don't have the property description, the county will have the your property description. It will typically give you a starting point (point of beginning) and then tell you to go a specific direction for a specific distance. Then turn and go a different direction for a different distance. Eventually it ends up back at your point of beginning.

A surveyor will be able to follow this to the fraction of an inch. You can do it yourself with a good compass (remember to adjust for magnetic vs. true north) and a measuring tape. You should get within a few inches without any special training or expensive tools.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
that would be a trick, as rthe second item over the line is an in ground swimming pool.

·
Registered
24 Posts
20' is nothing i seen them hundreds of feet off. all they do is take tax map that are half ass drawn and rubber sheet them over a aerial. everyone tries to use them for more then they were meant for.
hmmm, wonder what to do in this situation as I am land manager for an owned property. Might let land owner know, or township? Showbox jiofi.local.html tplinklogin

1 - 14 of 14 Posts