New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if its the younger generation or what, but it seems to me that if someone doesn't shoot a deer day 1,2, 3 etc.... its a bad day or fail.

Cmon, it's about being in the woods relaxing, away from work and all other craziness. Hunting is NOT supposed to be stressful! Although other factors in NJ make it.

Be patient,, if you believe you got a good spot, give it a chance. You may be seeing posts here with doe or buck down and yes you wish it were you, but count how many active members are successful the first day or so. You're not alone.

good luck stop stressing

Now let get off this phone and concentrate on getting my buck, cause doe was down yesterday (took long enough) lol

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
The younger kids haven't been in the workforce long enough to realize what a blessing it is to have some stress-free down time in the woods :)

BTW: wth are you doing in the woods with your smartphone browsing the 'net :) I tell my kids all the time, "put down that damn ipod (or ipad or nintendo-ds or whatever is the toy of the moment) and go outside and enjoy the outdoors!" God forbid we force them to leave the house without any electronics in their hand - you'd think we were committing child abuse or something.

·
Registered
16,173 Posts
I know the season only started but I'm ticked I'm not out yet. my ribs are killing me unless I take pills but then it's Dui even if they are for me. Going next week regardless, I'll worry how to get it out after it's down. I already have a block and tackle rigged up to get it in the bed. Hell when I was younger I went hunting on crutches. (but had friends to drag it if ness.)

·
Registered
9,711 Posts
I would rather hunt a good buck ALL season and kill him on the last day , than shoot a good one this first week.

BUT you have to take the opportunity to harvest one while they are still on summer patterns as they could disappear real quick once the acorns start to fall

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
I went out on Sat..To change memory cards. Didnt even bring the bow. It was still too damn hot. But if this weeks weather keeps up, next weekend may be hard to pass up...unless of course the crabbing bug kicks in. still plenty of season left

Reactions: RussA

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
it is def. the younger generation. especially the ones in their teens and twenties, most of the people in their thirties understand the point of hunting unless they started hunting late in life after baiting was legalized. back when I was younger I remember hunting every single day rain or shine and only would harvest a deer every other year (there was a few misses in between). younger people today want instant gradification, its how they were raised. they have no clue what it was like to scout, find travel routes and set up and hope they came on that trail that day

·
Registered
231 Posts
I think there's a lot of generalization in this thread. I'm 17 years old and yes I see everyday kids my age give up in things because they didnt get what they want when they wanted it. Every week I see someone new in the gym or crossfit gyms I go to and a week later they give up. But hey that's not for me to judge. In the hunting aspect, I started 2 years ago. Harvested first three doe and my first pheasant last year. Some of the best days of my life. Working on shooting a buck this year. I like the challenge thats why I do. But that just my opinion

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.