New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone a member? I got an introductory package in the mail the other day and was wondering if it is worth joining.

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
life member for about ever it seems like. i don't even remember it's been so long.

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
I belonged until they drove me nuts with trying to sell their videos and calendars.
It was a unwanted, returned calendar, that they said I didn't return that was the final straw. I ended up cutting up my membership card into very,very,very, tiny pieces and enclosing it in a very, very, very, nasty letter.
They never called me again !!

·
Registered
5,232 Posts
Im a life member too. I love the magazine and the stuff I got when I became a life member made it worth the price. They do send you alot of crap though through the mail. I dont even read it anymore. Just throw it all out.

·
3,413 Posts
Life Member too

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Got rid of my membership for the same reason NS911 did. Send you too much stuff always hassling you to buy it.[down]

I recently learned that you can keep all that unsolicited "junk" they send you. They cant do a damn thing about it. They eventually learn not to send you stuff, so Im told. Im toying with the idea of rejoining, I really do like the magazine.

By the way, that gives me an idea, we should start a "Shoot or Dont Shoot?" thread. I started one on another site a few years ago, and it was a LOT of fun. Ive also seen it done on a few other sites.

If I can find a picture, I'll try and start that up..see how it goes over.[up]

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
i am a member for a long time they do send you a lot of stuff and try to get you to be a lifetime member a lot

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
I look at organizations like NAHC and Buckmasters as more of a magazine subscription. I used to join Buckmasters because they gave you 2 bottles of Tinks 69 and a hat for a $15.00 membership. They aren't orgs like NRA, UBNJ, TNUSA or USSA who actually fight for your rights to hunt.

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
I joined once, mostly because of the packet they gave you, including one of those leatherman type tools. I never got the packet. Called them several times about it, wrote to them, finally, after several phone calls they gave me a number to call someone who could help. It was a toll call, and I was put on hold for 45 minutes, then, they just hung up. I wrote them a few letters and e-mails about how I thought I was treated badly, and still never received my packet(I stayed on them for about 9 months).

I also didn't like the way they ripped Mitch Rompola...whether you think the deer was real or not, they went way over the line and basically trashed Rompola, the 3 or 4 offical scorers who viewed and scored the rack, and the Conservation Officer who viewed the rack. They didn't even have any good points in their bashing opinion, just a bunch of easily refuted observations and major assumptions. Not a high quality group of people over there in my opinion, basically a joke of a club. But...that's just my opinion. ;)

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I joined a long time ago as a life member. Th emagazine is alright, but they just send you so much stuff to try and buy. I don't mind supporting clubs but i cannot afford a 200 dollar rain suit. I am still waiting to be a test member you think they would have drawn my nuber atleast once in about ten years of mebership.

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
ive been a member for about 6 months and i love it so far...its great how they send you stuff to test in the field and you get to keep the item you test.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts