New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, here's the deal...

I"ve been blessed with the opportunity to hunt a new friend's land upstate. It's a rifle county and I'm all set in the gun department. It's a .308 and bangs steel consistently at 100 so the gun is more than capable. It's all the other stuff I'm concerned with. I'm farily set with clothing for now and there are treestands all set on the property that he is letting me use.

I guess since this is new to me, I want to know how long to stay in the stand? As beautiful as it all is, it definitely gets a bit boring after a while. If I take a successful shot, how long do I wait before I go to the downed animal or begin tracking?

As I think of things, I'll post. However feel free to let loose with the advice.

Christopher

·
Registered
6,173 Posts
I want to know how long to stay in the stand?
Till they tell you to come out!!!!!!!!!!! is your avatar a trumpet or beezer?

·
Registered
17,902 Posts
Stay in the stand as long as you can ... Dawn to dusk ..

if you shot a deer give it at least an hour before looking & there is too much to type about how long you should follow the trail depending on the amount & color of blood.

Good of thing going for you is that new hunters tend to have the best luck but that only last your first season.

ps I thought they went over all theses questions when you took your hunting test

1 - 7 of 7 Posts