New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going up to a buddies property in Hunter NY and planned on bringing up a couple of .22 rifles (not pistols) up to do some plinking.

One is a semi-Auto Marlin with a 10 mag clip.
The other is a S&W MP15 in .22LR and I was reading about the law about AR type semi automatics allowed but cannot have more then 2 of a bunch of items listed.

I have a pinned stock on it but it does have a pistol grip and it has detachable 10 capacity mags.

I read the NY laws (link below) and it seems that I cannot bring them because of the removable mag and pistol grip. I can remove the pistol grip but just not sure if I'm still allowed to bring them up. The laws seem to contradict themselves in that for Non residents it states no firearms are allowed unless shooting at a sanctioned nra match. That part I know as I have shot at an NRA match and brought a pistol but does that apply to long guns?

Anyone know for sure. If not Ill probably just leave them at home if its that much trouble. [hihi]

http://www.scribd.com/doc/13624979/New-York-State-Gun-Laws

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
I dont thinnk you have a problem with any of those. Pistols are a nightmare.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Ive never had any problem with any long gun transported. Gun and ammo separate. Dont transport any hand guns. you should be fine

1 - 5 of 5 Posts