New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any NJ residents obtained a non-resident NH permit and carried in PA or other states. Any issues? Is it a problem to transport without going straight to a range and back? Had any interaction with LEO while CCW.?

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I believe the requirement for NH non resident is you have to have a ccw license from your home state. I thought the only one we can get to carry in PA was Texas but you have to actually go to Texas to get it.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
I got my NH in May. Just an application you can print online and $100 fee. I have not carried in PA with it yet so I can't answer your other questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
267 Posts
I have NH. The requirement for a permit from your home state was overturned a year ago by the NH Supreme Court. They issue to anyone who passes the background check. I have carried in PA many times.

I also have UT. Requires a 4 hour class and background check. There are instructors in NJ.

The combination of NH and UT let me carry in most states in the US. I'm mostly in DE and PA. NH works in PA, UT works in DE.

Never any problems with LEO because I carry concealed.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the insights ... I am frequently in PA, sometimes an afternoon sometimes several days and wondered if it would be an issue being NJ res.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
I have a Non-Resident FL permit which allows for a good amount of states. Used to be good for PA up until about a year or 2 ago. Might have to look into the NH non-res as i spend a lot of time in PA.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I just sent my NH application in today, is it a long process? I'm not really in a rush, just wondering when I could expect it.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Thanks guys, that would be great....wish my purchase permits would happen that fast.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I dont see anything on the instructions about them wanting fingerprints. Do i just send the app and a check?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Make sure you use the correct reason for needing a permit. It's on the back of the application. I forget the wording but copy it as printed.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Make sure you use the correct reason for needing a permit. It's on the back of the application. I forget the wording but copy it as printed.
I'm preparing my paperwork now and see the question asked but nothing on the back with a listing of reasons as to why I want the permit ..... can you please advise
thanks

Reactions: BrianJ

·
Registered
330 Posts
I'm preparing my paperwork now and see the question asked but nothing on the back with a listing of reasons as to why I want the permit ..... can you please advise
thanks
From the back of the application..."A license to carry a loaded hand gun may be issued for PROTECTION or ALL PROPER PURPOSES".....just use those as your reasons, good luck

·
Registered
267 Posts
From the back of the application..."A license to carry a loaded hand gun may be issued for PROTECTION or ALL PROPER PURPOSES".....just use those as your reasons, good luck
Yup. Just write "Protection and all proper purposes" on the line asking for the reason.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Ok , thought it was either or , was a little vague ..
Thanks Fellas will do [up]

Reactions: BrianJ
1 - 20 of 50 Posts