New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone is interested in getting their UT and FL concealed carry permits, Ill be running another class on February 12 26 at Fort Dix. Utah and Florida permits are the most sought after in the nation because the reciprocity for both states covers most of the country. I offer finger prints, passport photos, notary service, and a certificate of completion for the course... you leave class with everything you need to get the permits... even the applications. If you have any questions or want to register, go to www.gappnj.com

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The FL permit you can get with your hunter ed card... the UT permit requires a specific class. I have combined all the other things necessary for the permits into the class to make it easier on my students (passport photos, fingerprints, notary service, etc). I just got range confirmation for March 31 and Ill be posting that class in the next few days.

·
Registered
9,748 Posts
What do this do for us NJ residents?

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
I was in the last class and received my florida permit in the mail on december 15th. Very quick turn around there

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
These permits do nothing for NJ residents who want to carry in NJ... we know how NJ is with gun laws and we ALL need to get involved and remain vigilant to enact change for the better. I would advise getting involved with the New Jersey Second Amendment Society (www.nj2as.com)... they have already won a few minor legal victories and are working on much bigger ones.

However, these two permits entitle a NJ resident to carry in 34 other states. If you are interested in concealed carry in other states while traveling, hunting, whatever (PA or DE are the closest to us with reciprocity) these permits are the best to have. And quite frankly, you wont find a better deal out there for the services we provide. Try taking a basic firearms class and getting all these things done separately and you'll spend much more money. There have been a few members from this sight in my classes and I dont think you will hear them complain.

·
Banned
1,049 Posts
One question -

Would it be legal for me to take the a weapon on a plane (checked in of course)from NJ to one of the 34 states and carry?

Im sure you go over all of this in your class. But if yes, I'm definitely in!

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Yes if the state your going to has reciprocity with florida or utah then you can carry there. As far as traveling with your firearm that's perfectly legal as long as you follow the proper Procedures for checking , unloadIng etc.

·
Registered
478 Posts
He will go over everything you need to know about carrying on the states that reciprocity with the FL and Utah ccw . I took the class and I really recommend to some one planning to get a FL Utah ccw.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
One question -

Would it be legal for me to take the a weapon on a plane (checked in of course)from NJ to one of the 34 states and carry?

Im sure you go over all of this in your class. But if yes, I'm definitely in!
Yes I do go over this in class... but to answer your question, yes. I traveled to UT in Nov of 2010 with a few hiccups (becuase Newark TSA are not exactly knowledgable of firearms) but it was all legal.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.