New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just where I live that I can't find anymore hunting shows on TV come the weekend. ESPN2 has b [no swearing please] fishing on Saturday and Sunday is usually salt water fishing. Spike TV removed all there outdoor programs altogether. I haven't seen one turkey hunting show all season so far. I live in Bergen County and cable vision is my provider. I have to rent hunting shows if I want to watch them.

·
Super Moderator
7,895 Posts
Contact cablevision and TELL them you want the "outdoor network" otherwise your kinda sol...

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
Also call your cable provider and ask that they start carrying "The Outdoor Channel" which is hunting and fishing all day long. I am trying to get comcast to start carrying it or at least offer it as a subscription service like HBO. Alot of times it is only avaible through satelite. My friend has it on satellite and everytime i go over there i end up flipping to it.

·
11,226 Posts
I have the dish and get 2 outdoor channels...I can watch Turkey, deer, and other hunting every day... I usually don't get to with work and the kids but if I was around I could watch fishing and hunting all day! I usually sneak a look late at night when everyone else is asleep!;)

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
Late at night when everyone is asleep? Are you sure you talkin about the outdoor channels or some other pay channels? JK hahaha

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Late at night when everyone is asleep? Are you sure you talkin about the outdoor channels or some other pay channels? JK hahaha
" Honey,Bald Beavers Exposed is about the South American short haired beaver, I swear".:D

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
i have directv. i have The Outdoor Channel plus OLN and a ton more. there are alot of shows from down south i get. i just go to my guide and go to sports and then i can cruise all the shows. i also have every channel on directv. we pay for the premium service.

·
3,413 Posts
Contact cablevision and TELL them you want the "outdoor network" otherwise your kinda sol...
ICUHUNT (or anyone else for that matter): This is a letter that you can send you cable provider (send it often)

Cablevision Systems Corp.
1111 Stewart Avenue
Bethpage, NY 11714

Dear Cablevision,

I currently receive my cable broadcast through your company, And at a time when many companies are competing for my business, I thought that I might take a minute to let you know what you can do to make me happy, and keep me as a loyal customer. I would like you to add the Outdoor Channel to your lineup.

The Outdoor Channel offers all types of unique programming for sportsmen. No one else delivers the high quality fishing, hunting, and shooting sports programming that I desire at the times when it is convenient for me to watch it. I believe that my community would appreciate the addition of a truly family oriented channel that refuses to air programming that includes nudity, senseless violence, or profanity.

Over 60 million Americans went hunting or fishing last year. During 2001, New Jerseyans spent over 1.2 billion dollars on outdoor recreational activities such as hunting and fishing. Many of these people live in my community, and we are aware that that the Outdoor Channel is offered on DirecTV and the Dish Network. If keeping our business is important to you, you need to add the Outdoor Channel to your programming line up!

Sincerely,

Your Name Here
Your Address Here

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
i'm telling you, i have so many frigin stations, it's crazy. i live on The Outdoor Channel.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts