New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Ive attempted twice to go fishing and actually catch something on my own boat. 1st attempt was on memorial day weekend, and I think its because there were 25 million boats doing mach 3 through the fishing drifts. 2nd attempt, after friday nites storm went out early saturday morning and only caught two skates. I just can't seem to find a fish, could be bad luck or maybe the fact I married a murphy? :)

Hope my wife isn't reading this

Anyone else doing any saltwater fishing?

Dennis

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
I was out friday morning early we netted some live bunker and we killed them my brother caught one that was 42 inchs no scale so i dont know how much it weighed once the boat traffic moved in the fishing was over.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I cant really get out during the week so I get stuck fishing with the crowd of boats, I need to invest in some realty or something so I can quit my job and hunt and fish all day long :)

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Drome, where did you fish? Raritan Bay is on fire right now with stripers and bluefish. Baits of choice are clams and bunker. The fluke fishing is picking up also. The key to weekends is to get on the water EARLY, and then get off early. By the way, what kind of boat do you have.

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
I was out Thursday and got shutout with stripers. Got a few blues but that was it. It should turn back on again with this warmer weather this week.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
After my first year of hunting (deer & turkey), heres my report,

1) The only deer I saw were the ones on the wrapping paper for my sons presents.

2) I couldnt find a turkey if you dropped me off in the poultry isle of stop n shop.

3) Fish are everywhere except under my boat.

4) There is such a thing as murphys law.

Dennis

·
Registered
568 Posts
We were out on Thurs. caught 2short fluke and 1 keeper about 18in. We also caught 6 bluefish(crab bait). I will try again for stripers on WED evening.The Raritan Bay is loaded with bunkers!!!

·
Registered
889 Posts
Went out Sunday on Barnegat Bay. Caught a bunch of blues, the only other thing biting was sea b [no swearing please] out at the tires.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I live in toms river, right by stewarts. Im going out wednesday evening to try my luck at the fluke,

I have access to 2 boats, one is in the water, i think its like a 24 or 25 foot bayliner, the other is not in the water its the top of the line mako that once I get good at fishing is going offshore for tuna.

Tommy is taking me out in a few weeks to show me the ropes in the barnegat bay, until then ill keep hacking at it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts