New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do to some family obligations I didn't get to my stand until 1 pm today. On the way out to my spot I was showing a buddy of mine the area and 50 yards from my plot we saw a buck bust us and run into the thick cover. So bad news, I didn't get my deer today but I saw one at my bait pile. On the way out I found a nice rub on a tree so now I'm really pumped about my spot. Maybe next weekend [up][up]

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I pray and wish everyday for Sunday bowhunting, with a 9-5 job, and two young sons, the only real time I can hunt is either saturday morning or evening. By the time I get home from work, theres only about an hour of sunlight left (at least until the end of october).

·
Registered
942 Posts
Dennis , If you saw a buck a your bait during the middle of the day ..It might be time to use up one of those sick day's..:D You will get your shot..[up]

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dennis , If you saw a buck a your bait during the middle of the day ..It might be time to use up one of those sick day's.. You will get your shot..
He was at the pile at 2 p.m., seems he likes the molasses better than the plain corn :)
I also saw a huge rub, Im going to put the camera back out today, I'll take the digital and show you the pics of the rub. I was so pumped I thought about quitting my job for a week ;)

And now Im worried my stand is too low. I think i'm going out tuesday night to put the stand up higher. Or Im leaving the climber at another tree I found that is clear to about 30 feet up.

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Drome if you ever want to take a trip up to zone 8 let me know. Plenty of deer around. in 2 and half days of hunting i saw over 30 deer already on state land.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Drome if you ever want to take a trip up to zone 8 let me know. Plenty of deer around. in 2 and half days of hunting i saw over 30 deer already on state land.
I appreciate the offer, its tough for me to get out and I live 15 min from the private land. With my wife in nursing school, a 3 1/2 year old, and a 2 month old baby its tough.

Thanks for the offer, I'm sure one of these days I may take you guys up on your offers, as soon as I find some time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts