New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
What zone? Up here in 8 we haven't had a killing frost yet but what frost we have had seems to have slowed the buggers down a lot. I haven't found any on the dog in a while.

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
i just left zone 8 to have lunch with my kids i havent seen them in 4 days they were in vermont with my wife...but i had a buck sneek in and i had trouble finding him in the scope with the fog he went 90 yards broadside behind a big rock and i could only see his head.. i waited for him to take 1 step but he took it in the wrong direction and the rock completely blocked him and i had to watch him walk off..sat for 4 more hours and picked at least 15 ticks off of me..and 4 more on the way home..going back out at 2..

·
Registered
137 Posts
Had one bite my ass yesterday...so pissed. Those little bastards. With the cold weather in Z2 I would think they would be less than they are. Now I have to watch for symptoms of Lymes or whatever. :(

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
im immune to the ticks anyways.. i have 25 of the 28 bands of lymes disease...kids are a blast and the wifes a pain sometimes...but all in all i do what i please...dont forget you dont always get a bullseye from a tick carrying lymes...

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I found a tick on me and I check every time I come in from hunting. Look down at pants while driving for some reason and 2 ticks hauling ass up my pant leg. Had someone check my back and sure enough a small tick bit me on my lower back.

It pulled off super easy and wasnt dug in. It was small... So with it only being on me maybe a few hours at best, more than likely got me on the drive home. Does this make a dif that I found and removed it quickly? I am paranoid!

I guess after like 15yrs plus I was due to be bitten. It was a good run...

So are my chances better that I found it so soon?
I'm very upset... thanks

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.