New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7,384 Posts
I had 13 deer in front of me yesterday, one was a large shed and the other young spike the rest does, they were moving pretty good except that it was later afternoon 3:30 - 5:00PM

·
Banned
8,451 Posts
All the deer are moving either with the underfoot or late just before dark.changeup tactics I haven't been going in deep into the woods I've been hunting close to dirt roads in the pines and it's working I'm just keeping the twitchy finger tucked in waiting for something decient

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gotcha..I'm about 200 yards off a service road..thought it was my stand location..but had allot of deer movement like I said...I thought somebody messed with my spot...cause I had 2 deer last week spook about 50 yards out...but then had allot of pics after that.had a real nice 8 and 10 on camera the 8th-12th...and now nothing. ..thanks for the input guys

·
Banned
8,451 Posts
If I had access I would be hunting within the safe distance off the highways my friend all that salt from the plow trucks along the grass is a deer magnet .I don't venture deep into woods anymore you spook more and leave scent everywhere let them come to you they will move sooner or later.i know in the pines they don't have to see you or smell you if they cross paths were you set foot they will bust

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
I have seen less deer this week. Last night I had an 8 pointer and like a dozen or 2 doe. This am only 6 doe

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
Smoking gun you are right about the salt

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Put out the right feed and they will stay around, I think they like sugar beets and sweet potatoes better then salt flavor gravel, I shouldn't make jokes though I have been sick as a dog for the past few days and haven't been able to bait. So my deer may very well be on the side of the road licking gravel LOL hopefully they didn't kill my feed block yet

·
Registered
855 Posts
saw one which got hit and the vultures were on him in medford by johnsons off hartford. and another crossed my path on marne highway in mt laurel today late in the afternoon...crossed right over the road. so their moving...just not where you want them to is all.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.