New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took a ride to Tips Hardware http://www.tipshardware.com/ today. They have 25 AR rifles in the gun department and they have more in the back that arent on display yet.

They have Bushmaster, Colt, DPMS, and maybe another brand. Some are used but most are new. The prices range from $1300 to $1600. You save 3% off the price if you pay with cash or debit card.

They also have alot of 15 round Magpul Pmag magazines.

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
Thanks for posting.. amazing how some dealers have tons of them and some claim they can't get them..

·
Registered
352 Posts
Cool, this place is near Tuckerton.

My family has two boats at Viking in New Gretna. Wife and I spend some weekends there during the summer. I'm always looking for new stuff to check out.

Which models are they selling? The various ban compliant guns from Bushmaster, Colt etc?

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Thanks for the post... I'm still looking for another upper to mate with a lower I got a few months ago.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
I probably will... I was just at the show in Split Rock and anyone selling AR parts was asking a boat load of cash for them. The one guy that had a jersey legal upper was asking 650 plus 200 for the bolt and charging handle... and the thing was a piece of junk. Just called tips and they are asking even more. I have a few guys looking for me too but if nothing pans out, I may just end up waiting until the craziness dies down a bit.

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
Go to a Gun Show.....

Buy a Lower Receiver $175 - $195

Order a "Rifle kit" from M&A Parts $500

http://www.m-aparts.com/downloads/mapartsinc_catalog.pdf

It's everything BUT the Lower receiver

Put it together yourself. Takes about 30 minutes.

Total expenditure Less than $700

I have a Lower waiting for a Varmint Kit - .204 Ruger 24" Heavy Stainless barrel, flat top. $600

I'm building the ULTIMATE PRAIRIE DOG VAPORIZER !!

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm still looking for another upper to mate with a lower I got a few months ago.
Im pretty sure i saw some uppers for sale also.

Which models are they selling? The various ban compliant guns from Bushmaster, Colt etc?
I know there was one Bushmaster XM 15 and one Colt match rifle. Im not sure what all the others were.

amazing how some dealers have tons of them and some claim they can't get them..
I bought my Bushmaster from Tips in January. It was the only Black Rifle they had that day. When i walked in there today, i couldnt believe the selection. I just posted here because i know alot of members are looking to get one.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
I would like to convert my AR to a 9mm
There are a few nice ones on the market. Be wary of lesser makes (as always). I believe colt makes an upper kit that you dont need a dedicated lower for. Olympic arms makes a complete gun (dedicated lower) that takes Glock 19 mags.

·
Registered
13,234 Posts
There are a few nice ones on the market. Be wary of lesser makes (as always). I believe colt makes an upper kit that you dont need a dedicated lower for. Olympic arms makes a complete gun (dedicated lower) that takes Glock 19 mags.
They seem to be hard to find at a decent price. I was checking out the equipment exchange on AR15.com and didnt have much luck. The people who did contact me wanted like $800 for used. If you know any sites can you post em?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts