New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone want to meet up in Zone 5 with the smokepole?

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Hey mpem, do you have a spot in zone 5? I ussually hunt zone 6. I didn't make it there this year. I hunted 24.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would love to take you guys to my property but there are strict rules. We could go to Whittingham, White Lake, Trout Brook. I got Muzzy also.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
There is also alot of land around Swartswood Lake that could be hunted. Some of it you can't hunt on but we could put standers on the parts you can hunt and a couple of guys could walk through the no hunting parts without guns. We used to do it all the time. Let me know, I know those areas pretty well.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
There is another area open to deer hunting that is not listed anywhere on the F&G website. I've got Muzzy too.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There is another area open to deer hunting that is not listed anywhere on the F&G website
Where?

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Right near Paulinskill Lake. There is quite a bit of land there and a couple of good drives. It's only a few minutes from Swartswood Lake. Beleive me, Swartswood can be a lot of fun to hunt. You just need to know the area a little.
It would be great to get a few guys together on a week day. There would be know one around.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Isn't that place part of Paulinskill WMA. I'm up for a week day hunt.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Yes it is. There is a lot of stuff to do up there. I'm preet sure we'll get deer.
Hopefully like this one! :D

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have some weekdays off. Give me some dates and lets see if we can meet up with the muzzleloaders.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Mpem24 - I think any day except Wednesday is good for me next week.

GSPotter - got him last year on the first day of Muzzy in Zone 5. We had never seen him on the property until the day before I got him. We were working on my buddy's tree stand and I was coming out of the woods to get something on the 4 wheeler when I saw him with some does. I sat on the ground in the same spot the next night and he came with the same group of does at about 4:15. The local farmer swears he saw him near White Lake a few weeks before. I got him about 1.5 miles away. The taxidermist scored him at 150 minus 7.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'll let you know. I work midnights on Wednesday and Thursday.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
What are your hours when you work midnights?

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
7p-7a. Right now it only looks good for Friday afternoon.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
I'll try to get up this week and jog my memory on some of these places. We always got deer on those places. We gotta turn your luck around!

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Let me know.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts