New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
13,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone interested in getting together for some ice fishing. I have no gear but would purchase a few tip ups. Someone hopefully has access to a gas Auger.
We could get together on a Sunday so we don't interupt any Hunting.
who is interested

·
Registered
13,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I haven't planned that far yet.I always see a lake with Ice fisherman on Route 206 North about a mile before Simon Peter sport shop. I think its one of the lakes in Kittatinny SP.
I also think lake Aeroflex is nearby that lake.
I have to do some research.

·
Registered
13,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
(Maybe one of these lakes)

Lake Aeroflex, Gardner's Pond, Twin Lakes, and Whites Pond

Four bodies of water reside within Kittatinny Valley State Park, and at 110 feet, Lake Aeroflex is reportedly the deepest natural glacial lake in the state. Situated just outside the mountainous Appalachian Ridge and Valley Region, the land here starts giving way to the gentle rolling hills of the Piedmont Plateau. Ducks and geese are abundant on the shallower western shores, where clumps of aquatic grasses provide ideal foraging. Bog and painted turtles frequently sun themselves along the banks, and snapping turtles hide in the sediment on the lake bottom. Trees along the eastern shore between the lake and Limecrest Road afford visual and auditory screening from the sparse road traffic. Abo...
© Copyright Kathy Kenley Published by Appalachian Mountain Club Books. All Rights Reserved.

·
Registered
13,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Another option?

Monksville Reservoir
Location Ringwood, NJ
Access Free NJ State launch
Directions I-287 northbound to exit 55.
At the end of the ramp make a right heading north on Ringwood Avenue. (CR 511).
Stay on CR511 / Ringwood Avenue (later Greenwood Lake Road) for almost 11 miles through Haskell, Wanaque and all the way around Wanaque Reservoir and past the Monksville Reservoir dam.
Just past the dam (Stonetown road) there will be an entrance to the launch site on the left. It has no signs, but is the next left. See entrance picture.
Drive down hill to parking area.

Exit number from 287 south is exit 57 and just follow above..

Regulations New Jersey State license, Monksville has a gas motor limit of 9.9 hp. You can launch a B [no swearing please] boat you just can't use the big motor.
Size 505 acres
Fishing LMB, SMB, NP, Pk
Maps & Websites

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Cranburry is public but most of the fish i have caught there were very small..lake hopatcong would be the place...i usually do pretty well in a few coves there...i normally just jig but if you have a group of guys nothing is more fun than setting up some tip ups...the tip ups usually produce some nice sized pickerel

max

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
I would vote Lake Hopatcong..I do alot of icefishing there and i think we could have a good day...I was actually at there today...drove there and walked out on the ice drilled some holes and realized i had forgotten my license...couldnt believe it...the guys who met me there caught some fish in the few minutes that i hung around just to talk a bit with them...might try to head out agin this week/weekend...

max

1 - 20 of 115 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.