New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
11,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The zones might be too specific but see what happens. I like the idea. The only down side might be people having to bounce around so much to find topics they are interested in. Maybe you can break it into regulation sets instead. All zones in regulation set 1...set 2...set 3 ect ect... Who know's what will work best? Try one thing and if it doesn't work try another. You could just break it down to 3 zones. Northern, central and south Jersey. This way people can read whats going on in zones around them without checking 10 different boards. Trial and error my friend. You'll find a combonation that works.

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
What about maps and data? The state of NJ has tons of freely available spatial data.... its just depends on what we want to see?

In graduate school I took a GIS (Geographical Information Systems) class. It was cool.. remember that Colorado wildfire 2 years ago? Well... we used the state's spatial data and satellite images to map it. It was cool as heck.

I could do the same for hunting.. for example... Morris County lakes... crossed with high forest areas.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I like the zones. I also like the idea of the 3 areas of North, Central, and South. Maybe if the zones could be placed in those areas, people might no the general areas if unfamiliar with the zones. But then again, a lot of guys I hunt with a familiar with the surrounding zones of the zone he hunts. But for me with family in the south, i would know where to go. I don't think it would be that bad of a feature.

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
13 Feb 2005 2:54 PM

I came here the next day. So i missed a whole day of this site...lol[mad][sad]:D

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Nerd

·
11,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Your the one that said we should be checking out all the older posts... It's cool looking back....Just imagine 5, 10, 15 years from now looking back...[up] Drag will be retired hunting 24/7. He will have his workers running the site. All our kids will be on here organizing the NJH Flukathon 15.... It will be awesome!

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Your the one that said we should be checking out all the older posts... It's cool looking back
I kow I said that. It appears many have done themselves the favor.

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Man I didnt sign up until March..

I gues Jim, Mike, Woj, and of course Drag are the silver backs of this site..[up]:D

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
It's amazing how much has changed since the early days. Of course, I signed up at the end of March.

David

1 - 20 of 29 Posts