New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Below is a communication from a NJ animal extremist organization detailing their strategy to defeat a sound conservation measure. Although their position is based on naivety, emotionalism and a philosophy that "animals are the equal of humans" - make no mistake - they are spending tens of thousands of dollars to defeat any conservation measure undertaken by the NJ legislature.

Please go to the following link and be sure to have your fellow anglers, hunters, trappers and conservationists sign up for the free NJOA Action Alert. It may be the one thing you can do to help defend our freedoms from those with a mission to impose their way of life.

http://capwiz.com/njoutdooralliance/taf/

Join the NJOA and help to secure your freedoms & make NJ outdoor-friendly:

http://www.njoutdooralliance.org/support/njoa.html

Thank you
Ant

NJ - SafeBackYards.com

When Governor Corzine signed the Sunday bowhunting bill, A1669/S802, into law on May 4, we all felt betrayed by the legislative process. We knew
from polling the Senate and Assembly that there was strong opposition to the bill. However, we also learned that A1669/S802 was part of a
power struggle launched by South Jersey legislators beholden to the National Rifle Association, the U.S. Sportsmen's Alliance and several low level, but high-bluster, pseudo-conservation, anti-environment,
and anti-animal organizations in New Jersey. So, a bill that languished in the state legislature for more than 10 years was signed into law.
Environmental lobbyists called the Sunday Hunting legislation "a dirty bill." What's next? No more "dirty bills."

First, we intend to preserve the threatened 450 foot bow safety zone. S976/A595, which may be posted for a Senate floor vote at any time, breaches the current 450 zone and reduces buffers to a mere 151 feet - without the homeowner's permission. Often deer take refuge close to houses and in fact many people feed deer during hunting season
specifically to keep them safe. By allowing hunters to move in 299 feet closer to homes, more deer will undoubtedly be killed. In fact, this is the
reason the hunters and Fish and Wildlife are giving legislators for passing this bill. They’re repeating their widely believed fabrication that killing more deer will reduce the population.

As our members and supporters know, we are persistent. We've launched several proactive initiatives to continue in our fight to protect wildlife, the public interest, and the integrity of our legislative process. To that end, we've met with strategists, attorneys and legislators. Make no mistake: this will be an uphill battle, but action is crucial and still needed - by each
and every one of you.

Campaign to Keep Safety Buffers

NJARA has created a high-profile billboard campaign and a website (www.safebackyards.com) to bring S976/A595, into the open, before the
public. (See the billboard at www.safebackyards.com/Behind.htm.) You
can do your part by helping us promote www.safebackyards.com. Forward
the link to everyone you know. Discuss it with your neighbors. If you know other organizations that would like to join the SafeBackYards coalition,
please have them write to: [email protected]

Members in key districts will receive postcards in the mail with further instructions. We have a comprehensive plan that involves a lot of work,
but we know we can count on our members to do what is needed. In the meantime, please visit www.SafeBackYards.com/WhatCanIDo.htm to find
out more about what you can do right now. If you would like to help fund more billboards, send a donation with SafeBackYards billboard in the memo.

Our sincere thanks to everyone who met with their local Senators, called your legislators and wrote to Governor Corzine.

Finally, there are a lot of exciting things happening that will change the course of animal protection in New Jersey. Please stay tuned.

Angi Metler,
Executive Director
NJ Animal Rights Alliance
[email protected]

·
Registered
244 Posts
They’re repeating their widely believed fabrication that killing more deer will reduce the population.
I don't hunt, so correct me if I'm wrong, but how can that even remotely considered a "fabrication". Kill something, and there are fewer of them. Not a huge leap of logic.

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
don't hunt, so correct me if I'm wrong, but how can that even remotely considered a "fabrication".
They honestly believe that by hunting deer, the deer reproduce at higher numbers to offset the loss in population do to predation. They are only slightly correct. Deer do reproduce in higher numbers to offset losses due to predation, but its a biological response developed over thousands of years, and has nothing to do with hunting today. This is painfully obvious in the closed to hunting park areas where deer numbers are so high after being closed to hunting for years, that the deer have eaten themselves out of a home, and hunters were called in to clean up the mess.

Perhaps if we stopped all hunting today, in about 2000 years, deer reproduction rates would decline. But try telling that to an anti

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Deer do reproduce in higher numbers to offset losses due to predation,
The increase in offspring is not directly related to predation but the increase vigor in the remaining population as a result of the improvement in the habitat. Meaning a starving deer might have one fawn, while a plump well feed deer might have three fawns.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Thank you for the explanations. The statement seemed contradictory, but I think I understand now.

·
Registered
182 Posts
She's going to get a pic of every
Sunday deer I take- along with the finished dinner.

They’re repeating their widely believed fabrication that killing more deer will reduce the population.
How exactly could killing more deer not reduce the population?! Am I missing something? Damn anti idiots.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
I like my equasion better 50 deer - 0 deer = roughly 75 deer.

meaning if they remove hunting the population will jump,and the natural preditors won't be able to keep up.

everything would jump actually.too much food would cause Bear,coyote,fox and bobcat populations to rise because there will be less starvation.
all the prey would jump because the preditors won't be as hungry.
car accidents with all wildlife will increase due to even less habitat they have now because of over population.

in short the entire ecosystem will be thrown all to hell

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.