New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Doug, How did you make out on Sat? I didn't get to go out,I got roped into going to my wife's X Mas party and it turned out to be a very late night...

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
Ken, I didn't go down there either. My wife went out with my sister-in-law, so I took the kids Christmas shopping Saturday afternoon. I'm off from now until the 1st of January, so I'll be getting there soon and often. Although, after seeing what I did last time I was there, I wonder if I'll be wasting my time. Either way, Kyle wants to go sit in the blind and hunt with me again this year, so if nothing else, I'll take the boy out and maybe see a few deer. Don't expect any big things, but you never know.

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
Hey Ken, was that you I heard shoot down on the south end at 3:20, and 3:22pm today? I hope so, because no one else was supposed to be there.

I also heard two shots just across the road from the cedars, they were about 30 minutes apart, and may have been someone following up and finishing off a deer. They were close, but definately across the road.

Then of course, there was my shot at 4:35pm. :D Got a nice doe, about 105 dressed...and all on video. She came to the field all by herself. We waited a bit for more deer to come out, but she was very flighty, and nothing else came into the field, so I took her. About a 90 yard shot, did some major damage to her heart. She went about 30 yards and piled up.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Hey,I have a good spot there. Go in the middle of this zone, then go to a nesting spot in the east. If you hit the power company, to far.[up]:p

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
Hey,I have a good spot there. Go in the middle of this zone, then go to a nesting spot in the east. If you hit the power company, to far
It's funnny you say that nj beagle...there is a beagle club across the road from our farm, and I know there are guys trespassing from there. ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts