New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought this deer was quite a sight, saw her in Silas Condict park on the access road. I pulled over and she hung around long enough for me to snap these photos with my phone.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Nice pix.[up] Two years ago I spotted a nice albino 8 pointer just around the corner from my house. It was at night and at first I thought I was seeing a ghost. I turned the truck around and drove back to the field and sure enough it was an albino buck. Haven't seen that deer since.

·
Registered
4,236 Posts
Pics

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
Very nice I saw one like that the other day on Blackwell Rd in Hopewell on a protected area next to rosedale park.

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
[up]

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
I rescued a white fawn buck with a brown patch on his head this weekend in maryland.I will post some pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Rescued from what?
It was born with a twisted back foot , a 1/2 inch to short bottom jaw and it ears and eyes were covered in ticks so i gess it had troble feeding and the mother left it for dead.WE brought it to a place that deals with wild animals and they said it was only 5 days old and only had a 50% chance of living.But there are going to give us updates about him as he grows if he makes it.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Often fawns are left alone for hours at a time. The majority of the time people "rescue" fawns, they're really interfering. Now pulling a fawn out of a 'yotes mouth... that would be a rescue. Also, most piebalds have smaller bodies, heads, and mouths. I would have left it, and let nature take it's course. I'm not judging, just throwing my opinion around.

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
The rescue people said they never had a fawn brought in in such bad shape and it would have been dead in a day or two if we did not bring it in.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts